The 521 pickup I am working on.

what

Deisel????????? why bother.

a l20 with the stock gear ratio would be more than enough

why deal with torsion bar issue and retrofitting and the truck will be worth less.

you can find 720 deisels and they dont go for much mone

Why are you hatin' on the diesels Hainz?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey wayno how about some pix of interior of your 521kc and don't forget the kc cab

Why do you want photos of the inside of my cab?

Fact is I never finished the inside other than making it solid, and painting it where it was welded so it would not rust.

There are photos in the build thread, the link is in my signature.

Calhoon

I dont hate diesels per say

But lets get praticle here. diesels is more expensive and also the parts which are not really common which face the fact most Datsun guys dont want to pay for. and alot of these parts Nissan is not going to keep for low production numbers.

I seen alot of Datsun 810 wagons go for cheap. Nobody wants them and dealers really dont want to see one of those come in the shop to work on.

L motors are stacking up in the Seattle area almost FREE. I cant see the + side for a car/truck thats going to get the same milage as the early Nissan motor werent all that great in fuel economy.

What

where is this vacumme advance going to?

It should go to the base of the weber carb which is most likely the valve cover side on the 32/36DGV. Hopefully your not taking it off the manifold hole in the back

also the whats the 2 lines ging to the fuel vent valve? the lower one goes to the crank case vent tube there is a upper smaller tube where it plugs to. The upper went to the cased of the aircleaner I believe.Im not sure if you need it to the intake manifold.

Is that crank case tube vent open.? You should find the hose and route it to the PCV valve on the intake manifold.

motor bay looks pretty clean and stock

Hi. I do have the vacuum advance hooked up to the intake. The vacuum at the base of the carb I blocked off. Crank case has a chrome valve cover style breather on it. What would you recommend using the intake vacuum for? The way it is the motor runs and idles great.

Banzai. Thanks for the advice. I went out there. Blocked off the intake vacuum. routed the dist advance vacuum to the carb. I then had to adjust the timing and the air mixture along with the idle to get it running right. It now runs like a complete different truck. It has alot more power without any hesitation. Thanks for the advice.

The diesels go for good bucks down here in so cal. Its at least .25 cents cheaper than the cheapest gas right now. And running good,a 720 could pull upper 30 mpgs. Not bad. parts are a bastard (transmission) I am going to get a 521 next however for beautys sake. I have my eye on a fairly clean one. I love your truck!

Banzai. Thanks for the advice. I went out there. Blocked off the intake vacuum. routed the dist advance vacuum to the carb. I then had to adjust the timing and the air mixture along with the idle to get it running right. It now runs like a complete different truck. It has alot more power without any hesitation. Thanks for the advice.

YOUR WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have caught this about 4-6 times this has happens.

I cant believe other ratsuner dont see this at the local shows.

• 3 weeks later...