The 521 pickup I am working on.

what

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Wayno. After all the years I finally figured out how to send the url photo to show what I have. Now, how were you able to blow it up so big? Any way I would like to pull out the L16 and drop in a Ka motor. Or something that adds more power and modern performance. I have what I was told a good running L20b motor in my garage that is complete. Thanks again for helping with my photo.

Thank you Wayno. After all the years I finally figured out how to send the url photo to show what I have. Now, how were you able to blow it up so big? Any way I would like to pull out the L16 and drop in a Ka motor. Or something that adds more power and modern performance. I have what I was told a good running L20b motor in my garage that is complete. Thanks again for helping with my photo.

I just used your second link, it had a big photo, so I right clicked on the photo and copied, then I went to the post, left click, right click and paste.

If you move your mouse/pointer over your photo bucket photo, a small window will open, left click on the bottom option(IMG), and it will say "copied", then go to your post, left click in the field, right click and paste, it should get the same result.

The L20b if in good condition has way more torque than the L16, I pulled my L16 out and replaced it with a L20b/W53 head with BIG valves, and drove the shit out of it for several years, then turned it into my work truck, and drove it for several more years till I built a LZ23 for it, now that I have the LZ23 in it, I could not imagine going back to the L20b.

DSCN0465.jpg

I am sure the KA would have way more power than you could ever get out of a L20b, but the L20b bolts in, the KA does not.

• Like 2

Al, whats up man! Good to see your truck again, i need to swing by your place, but everytime i do, i dont see any cars there. but anyways, i love my L20b, youre welcome to take it for a drive sometime and see how you like it. L20b does bolt right in, and if i remember correctly, you already have a 5 speed?

• Like 2

Deisel????????? why bother.

a l20 with the stock gear ratio would be more than enough

why deal with torsion bar issue and retrofitting and the truck will be worth less.

you can find 720 deisels and they dont go for much money

Remember who is lurking around here Hainz, I have a few diesels as you well know.

This is my 521 kingcab diesel, it will go 80mph all day long except for steeper hills, and I get 28mpg or better.

DSCN1625.jpg

DSCN1627.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

I am sure the KA would have way more power than you could ever get out of a L20b, but the L20b bolts in, the KA does not.

I dunno... there is a guy on DatsunMinitruckin.com that got 200hp at the flywheel out of his L20B after a rebuild.

Very nice truck by the way.

• 2 weeks later...