Draker's old Blue 71 KA 510 Goon - SOLD

Draker

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, got some more parts on the way.. I need to hide my wallet now cause I'm officially broke. Please people stop posting so many awesome parts for sale.. I can't make money fast enough to buy them all.

Here are a few pictures of the stuff I received in the mail this week.. Nothing to write hope about but one step closer.

Got a wind fairing. Lots of wind on this car parked in my driveway.. The sound keeps me up at night. All good now.

IMG_20121018_181357_zps55f8ab03.jpg

Courtesy of Just Joel.

Also got something I actually needed for this build. VW radiator. I just set it in the bay.. and the horn was in the way. Pictures anyway..

IMG_20121018_183110_zpsa1446312.jpg

Radiator courtesy of JRock

Looking at picking up some side mirrors tomorrow and get this thing up on some stands to get that crossmember out of there and modded.

Spent most of the day today working on Datto's. Got a few things done..

I got the car up on jack stands and removed this:

IMG_20121020_194831_zpsa9b81558.jpg

I'll get this flipped and coated in por-15. I will probably go ahead and removed all the steering linkage to clean it up and replace anything that looks worn out. I'm still looking for some camber plates. Then I'll get the 280 struts and brakes installed. After all that is done.. I'm move on to preping the engine bay ad test fitting the KA.

I picked up these mirrors from Illest.

IMG_20121020_190706_zpsde4c4571.jpg

I test fit them in the location where the holes are drilled and they are too far back. The mirror that was installed in this location is a flag style..

c9bcaebf.jpg

I might test fit these on my 720 and keep searching for some flag style mirrors. I like them a bit more but haven't been able to find a decent priced set. Who know, I might end up using these on the dime. I've got a while to decide.

Speaking of the 720, I got to work on it today as well. I don't have a build thread for it though. I don't really have any plans for it, it's just my utility vehicle. It runs pretty solid. Last spring my blower motor quit working. It was tough to drive because the windows would get fogged up almost instantly.. Well it's been fine all summer so I put of repairing it. Now that it's the rainy season again I figured I would go out and troubleshoot the issue. When it stopped working I checked the fuse.. so I knew that was good. I checked for power at the motor and I had 12v. So I grounded it out and the fan turned on. So it was obvious I was missing the switched ground. Checked to see if the relay was clicking, and it was. Pulled the blower motor switch and found this:

IMG_20121020_141530_zps999f16f1.jpg

Pin #2 burnt and coated in plastic from the connector. I just cleaned it up and it worked again. Simply fix..

The one thing I was unsure about is why pin #2 got so hot. Not sure if this is a common thing or what. Anyway, it's working again. I noticed a strange sound coming from the blower so I pulled it out. Found this:

IMG_20121020_142129_zps075bcf70.jpg

Pulled that junk out and it's good as new... Now I need to get the windshield replaced and get my sunroof to stop leaking.. then I will be able to do some repairs to the floors and get the front carpet installed again.

Got to work on the cross member. It's not flipped yet but I got it cleaned up.

Went from this:

2012-10-27_20-24-36_76_zps91ca91cf.jpg

To this:

2012-10-27_21-11-24_37_zpsff0a4b4b.jpg

And now to this:

2012-10-27_21-45-12_671_zpsc9e0802d.jpg

I was going to cut down the rails on the Yakima rack today.. but I got distracted with football. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get that going. As for the rest of the flip, I'll see if I can get it finished this week.

Did a little more work last night.. I removed all the front steering and suspension components to clean up and inspect. Although when I got in there.. I quickly realized I couldn't find my ball joint separator. That being said it came out like this. Will by new splitter today.

2012-10-29_19-07-15_394_zpsa78f00c3.jpg

2012-10-29_19-08-27_384_zpsd83053a1.jpg

2012-10-29_19-07-03_319_zps7866d8c1.jpg

too bad we dont live closer i would been happy to sand blast that cross member would took about 5 min ... i kjnow u had a bit in stripping that by hand

Yeah, it actually came off pretty easy with a wire wheel, but it still took a long time! Now I need to finish flipping it so I can make it pretty again.

So I went out and looked in my parts stash to see what suspension bits I had so that I wouldn't buy parts I already owned.... well I didn't find any of the suspension bits I was hoping to find.. and to top it off I found a bunch of parts that I already bought... Found several sets of eye brow trim pieces, rear ash trays.. Can't say I'm upset about it though!!!

Just got this in the mail today! Thanks to illest for the lead on the grille and thanks to edakotaford for the quick shipping.

2012-11-06_11-00-06_782_zpsc4b7a202.jpg

Looking at the grille it's a little banged up. Gonna see what I can do to clean it up a bit. Also, I was asking before.. a black datsun emblem?

Also chopped down the rack a bit.. I chopped it down to 52". I might go down to 50".. before and after

Untitled.jpg

Just got this in the mail today! Thanks to illest for the lead on the grille and thanks to edakotaford for the quick shipping.

2012-11-06_11-00-06_782_zpsc4b7a202.jpg

Looking at the grille it's a little banged up. Gonna see what I can do to clean it up a bit. Also, I was asking before.. a black datsun emblem?

Also chopped down the rack a bit.. I chopped it down to 52". I might go down to 50".. before and after

Untitled.jpg

Does that 68 grill have rivet holes from where the 3 plastic vertical strips used to be? Or is it type that came without them?

I'm on the juice!!!

Naw, just a multi-vitamin from vitamin world. I have the immune system of a little girly man.. Got some honey back there too for sore throats.

I got tie rods, control arm bushings, ball joints. I'm going to press the old control arm bushings out and flip the x-member and sent them your way. Might see what else I can fit in the box.

draker - when do you plan on sending stuff to jrock? i have a set of titans at his shop and i frequent Eugene. If its timed right i might be able to save you the shipping and take em with me when i go to pick up my rims

That would be sweet! I've just got to get my crossmember flipped and then I'll be ready to go. If I can get it all marked up tonight maybe I can flip it tomorrow. (I don't have a welder so I have to use a friends)

Well I will get to work on the crossmember and I'll hit you up when I'm ready and we can see if it works out. Maybe if I ship it up there, you can bring it back down? Thanks for the heads up though, I'll get to work and lets see if we can make something happen.

What are you doing to the titans? I saw you got them on craigslist and needed to have them machined.