Draker's old Blue 71 KA 510 Goon - SOLD

Draker

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear if your goon looks like it will be road worthy sooner than mine I might just send your shit back neon pink .....lol

lol, shit.. This thing wont be done for a long long long long time. Can I haz the right color naow?

Did a leak down on the KAe. Found some interesting results. First off, I'm using a HF leak down tester which is probably no where near accurate. Also the engine is ICE cold. I could hear a pretty good amount of air moving past the rings on all cylinders. Also I found air leaking past a few intake valves. I know everything will seal much better when it's nice and hot.. but I'm still wondering if I should address this while it's convenient.

L indicates a leaking valve.

2012-11-26_21-26-04_566_zpsdb706237.jpg

Look for cars 68-79ish and you might get lucky. Passenger side mirror was an add-on for most of these cars so it's harder to find. But these are BMW's so probably easier to find than you'd think but they are more rare, and carry a higher value. These can be had new for a low low price of $158 each. I got my set for $160 shipped. Found Laecaon a set for a steal at $135ish shipped with rubber gaskets. If you can find them in that price range or lower.... SNAP THEM ALL UP!!! lol

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

that battery old down is dat wifeys... theres some straps of her's too there on the same pallet cause i wanted all the datsun stuff going 60 black done at once ... u wont be getting a hold down back...lol

fuck i still gott redo my lower dash for my truck...grrrrri did the top black wrinkle... or am doing it as its hanging now with phixius tranny cover..

Next steps for me is getting T3 bearing top hats and Camber plates. Also going to buy a complete gasket set for the KAe. I am debating on if I should refresh the head since I know I have some leaking valves.

we could do that ... i have had some bad experiences with shipping stuff thats weighty.....i kinda was thinking about driving down one weekend and dong the hood thing all at once but my life is a fucktard of shitasticness...like insurance companys...

Got something in the mail today!!

2013-01-11_12-15-31_505_zps6407e714.jpg

Looks like I'll have something to do over the weekend!

Also, I stopped to get gas at my local Chevron and I noticed something mixed in with the other pumps.

2012-12-07_23-44-29_477_zps18f188f4.jpg

Damn!