Datto shoes

So I been tinkering with my 240Z all weekend. Driving all over the place. Making adjustments then driving some more. Just as I felt confident it was running as good as I had the knowledge and ability to make it run, it picks this morning, on my way to work, at 6 AM, to decide it wants to shit out an alternator. My darling wife, who was dealing with our screaming teething daughter all night is not answering her phone. So I guess this morning I get a nice two-mile walk back to the house to hop in the ever faithful Datsun 620 and go pick up my other Datsun. I'm really not going anywhere with this post. It's more to take my mind and distract me from the early-morning hike that I'm on instead of being at work. Also gives me the time to play with the text to speech option on my iPhone which works pretty good actually.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your his boss,, and he`s having you read this to try to prove why he`s late this morning ,,, I did see the dude stumbling down the side of the highway early this morning,, drinking outta what looked like a paper bag ( he must have been dehydrated the way he was chugging ) but was in to big a hurry to stop...So his story checks out..

Hope this helps cdub ... :P

• Like 3

If your his boss,, and he`s having you read this to try to prove why he`s late this morning ,,, I did see the dude stumbling down the side of the highway early this morning,, drinking outta what looked like a paper bag ( he must have been dehydrated the way he was chugging ) but was in to big a hurry to stop...So his story checks out..

Hope this helps cdub ... :P

Lol... way to help 'Nana

lol

it gets better.

i walk home. gather up some tools and jumper cables, hop in the 620... and realize i left the keys in my 240. fuck. i happened to have a spare ignition so i unplugged the cylinder and plugged in the spare. turn the key.... CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK. fuck. dead battery. tay left the radio on. so i get the charger out and jump start the truck. go down the road a few miles... the few miles i just walked... and my 240 is gone. FUCK! i call every towing company in town. the one all the way out in BFE had it. when i pulled in and was trying to figure out the problem this morning, i asked the owner of the smokehouse restaurant in mckenna if she had jumper cables. she said no, and i told her id be right back to get my car. just as soon as i leave she had it towed. that bitch just made my list of things to do. she said "it was in the way." when i asked her for cables and told her id be right back... she coulda asked me to roll it anywhere else. keep in mind this was at 6 in the morning. so i go bail my car out. $230. FUCKFUCKFUCK. they where nice enough to drop the storage charge so it was $210 even.

sorry to hear of your mis-fortunes ,,,

Have autoparts place test out alternator for you !

unless you have a solid-state external regulator ,,, the typcial 240z external regulators have to be adjusted with a feeler gauge ( just like points ,,, a giant twin set lol )

ouch ! I guess I feel fortunate ,, Usually those alternators always charge for me ,, they all just have bad bearings no matter what :lol:

I keep a spare alternator/coil/module/points/electrical kit/tools/distributor/blahblahblah in the back as well ,, just a thought ;)

sorry to hear of your mis-fortunes ,,,

Have autoparts place test out alternator for you !

unless you have a solid-state external regulator ,,, the typcial 240z external regulators have to be adjusted with a feeler gauge ( just like points ,,, a giant twin set lol )

ouch ! I guess I feel fortunate ,, Usually those alternators always charge for me ,, they all just have bad bearings no matter what :lol:

I keep a spare alternator/coil/module/points/electrical kit/tools/distributor/blahblahblah in the back as well ,, just a thought ;)

It didnt even spin up all the way on the machine before it failed.

Sorry to hear about the added shit.

I'm sure your wife could pull in a little extra money if you set up her bikini Datto wash for the public ;) Tell her that it will help get you guys closer to buying her a 510.... :thumbup:

That sounds like a plan. Pick a day and have a dat-kini show and shine.

I have joined Yelp and the urban spoon ,,,i will have to do a bunch of good reviews on the places i like ,,,BUT,, i will be commenting on Stewart`s Smokehouses` poor service and obnoxiously high prices in the future ....And you can run and tell that..

:devil: