Reproduction 510 sheet metal

carterb

Detailed updates will be coming. We are still working through several details to establish final pricing, but our first order has been placed. Delivery should be mid September or so.

Parts due in September include:

• Tail Panels (w/o plate light mounting holes)
  • Rockers, right and left sides
  • Front Bumper brackets
  • Hood Latch assemblies, yellow zinc plated
Coming in the next shipment (November or so) will be hoods and front fenders.

Pricing wll be available by August 10th and ordering will be open at that time on all parts arriving in September.

• Like 4
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a HUGE step forward for the 510 market!  Being involved in the British parts market for many years, where you can buy just about anything for an MG or Triumph, this is great news!  These new parts aren't gonna be at 1980's pricing, but at least we can now get the parts!!  :thumbup:

Dave, I wish you the best of luck in this new endeavor.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm sorry for the delay, but here is the update.

FutoFab anticipates receiving its first order of Datsun 510 steel reproduction parts in September.

The parts, pricing and ordering information are as follows.

• Tail Light Panels, 69-73, black primer (w/o plate light mounting holes) - $255.00/ea
  • Rocker Panels, full length including the lower front fender mounting area, black primer (left or right) - $245.00/ea or $475.00/pr
  • Hood Latch Kit, both hood and radiator support pieces, yellow zinc plate - ($69/each) - Revised 11/14/13

• Front Bumper Brackets, 68-72, gloss black finish - $59.00/set

Shipping will be priced per order, based on delivery location and quantity of parts. For a firm quote with shipping or to place pre-delivery orders contact me at Dave@FutoFab.com (no forum PM messages please).

I have pre-production hoods and fenders in house for test fitting. I will post photos of these in the next week or so with their pricing. These should be available for purchase sometime in the December/January timeframe.

• Like 3

I'm sorry for the delay, but here is the update.

FutoFab anticipates receiving its first order of Datsun 510 steel reproduction parts in September.

The parts, pricing and ordering information are as follows.

• Tail Light Panels, 69-73, black primer (w/o plate light mounting holes) - $255.00/ea
  • Rocker Panels, full length including the lower front fender mounting area, black primer (left or right) - $245.00/ea or $475.00/pr
  • Hood Latch Kit, both hood and radiator support pieces, yellow zinc plate - $89.00/ea
  • Front Bumper Brackets, 68-72, gloss black finish - $59.00/set

Shipping will be priced per order, based on delivery location and quantity of parts. For a firm quote with shipping or to place pre-delivery orders contact me at Dave@FutoFab.com (no forum PM messages please).

I have pre-production hoods and fenders in house for test fitting. I will post photos of these in the next week or so with their pricing. These should be available for purchase sometime in the December/January timeframe.

This is great, I will definitely be needing a pair of rockers and tail light panel for the 2dr. It looks good without light holes.
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is some more info on parts availability and pricing from FutoFab.

We are now taking orders for items expected in mid October. Feel free to contact us on fenders and other future parts as well. email me at - Dave@FutoFab.com

(Approximate delivery dates & pricing as of 9/1/13)

Parts due by Mid October:
Tail Panels ($255/each)
Rocker Panels ($245/each)
Hood Latch Assemblies ($69/each) - Revised 11/14/13
Front Bumper brackets ($59/pair)

To order any of the above items – Contact Dave@FutoFab.com with your needs and shipping information for a full quote.

Future parts and pricing:
Front fenders with and w/o side marker holes (Dec/Jan - $325/each)
Hoods (Dec/Jan - $595/each)

Chrome plated front & rear bumpers (TBD - $360/each)
Front Valance, 70-73 (TBD - $210/each)
Quarter panels (TBD - $585/each)
Rear Valance (TBD - $180/each)
Headlight buckets w/retainer rings (TBD - $135/side - complete)

Hood trim (TBD - TBD)
Fender “eyebrow” trim (TBD - TBD)
Lower grill trim (TBD - TBD)
Tail light trim (retainer & overlay trim) (TBD - TBD)

And 240Z bumpers, front and rear
- Chrome (TBD - $360/each)
- Black powdercoat (TBD - $240/each)

• Like 2

Here are some pictures of pre-production hood and USDM front fenders that I received for trial fitment and comment on. These parts were installed on a '71 2 door that is in my shop.

These parts were only partially bolted into place without any adjust. Even without a large amount of install attention these parts fit quite well. This is not a virgin chassis, it has had the valance replaced and the radiator support has body filler where it connects to the driver side inner fender suggesting the radiator support may have also been replaced.

Both fenders were put in place and the hood bolted on in about 2 hours (which includes chasing down hardware that was put away safely for reuse and not able to be found when needed). While some fine adjustment is needed for a proper installation, these parts will fit as good as the originals did.

Fender_LF-USDM.jpg

P1010113.JPG

P10101211.JPG

• Like 1

That is a beautiful sight!! 

2dr & 4dr aluminum threshold/scuff/sill plates at the bottom of the door jamb, INCLUDING the small rear piece next to the rear seat bottom on the 2dr!  These are VERY hard to find in good condition.  Maybe even consider making them a l'il heavier gauge (thicker) for added strength, cuz the original ones would "dent" if you dragged your shoe/boot across them!!

• Like 2

2dr & 4dr aluminum threshold/scuff/sill plates at the bottom of the door jamb, INCLUDING the small rear piece next to the rear seat bottom on the 2dr! These are VERY hard to find in good condition. Maybe even consider making them a l'il heavier gauge (thicker) for added strength, cuz the original ones would "dent" if you dragged your shoe/boot across them!!

This

I think sill/scuff plates would sell like hotcakes. They're impossible to find in decent shape, since they were made from aluminum foil. The problem I see with them is the Datsun name embossed in the middle, they'd probably have a hard time with the legalities. But I'd even take a set with no name in the center, just leave it blank.

• Like 1

Good point yellowdatsun.  That is something Dave should start looking into soon, as more & more product comes to light..........the use of the DATSUN or NISSAN name reproduced actually ON a product, like the sill plates.  That may be different than using the name on an aftermarket part.  I wonder if Pete Brock would have any input, OR the Nissan guy here on the forum??  Sometimes, it's just a licensing agreement with the corporate lawyers.

Good point yellowdatsun.  That is something Dave should start looking into soon, as more & more product comes to light..........the use of the DATSUN or NISSAN name reproduced actually ON a product, like the sill plates.  That may be different than using the name on an aftermarket part.  I wonder if Pete Brock would have any input, OR the Nissan guy here on the forum??  Sometimes, it's just a licensing agreement with the corporate lawyers.

I've discussed the need for door sills and the associated trim with the manufacturer. The use of "DATSUN" on the door sills would need authorization from Nissan. They have secured manufacturer licenses in the past, but my guess is it wasn't an easy process. My read between the lines on this topic is that they didn't feel the return would justify the effort needed to secure the required licensing. 

So that said, if the door sill plates didn't say "DATSUN" would there still be interest in them?