510 radio blank out plate

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

drewsdime is correct, radio delete with a narrow "tray" or "bin" to hold stuff. I've never seen a 1968-1969, but the 1970-1973 round gauge dash is different. Most cars came with a radio, others were tossed to install a radio, so kinda rare!

I have a 70-73 and a 68, sold my 69 to my good buddy. I have all my stuff packed up right now when I find them I will post some pics. I also believe I have a 68 radio delete

I will post pics but they are not for sale!

In this image, the radio surround on the bottom that has the red square around it shows the 510 radio block off plate with the tray that will hold stuff. Pens, pencils, loose change and Bic lighters come to mind.

The surround above it with the red circle shows the steering column block off plate that is missing on most 510s. I have several of them if yours is missing.

DashCover.jpg

The 70-73 510's were a simple black plastic (see qwik510's red square), no "Datsun" emblem. Along with the radio delete blanking plate on the dash, have you guys seen the small oval rubber blanking PLUG for the lower antenna mounting hole? Those are even harder to find!

The 70-73 510's were a simple black plastic (see qwik510's red square), no "Datsun" emblem. Along with the radio delete blanking plate on the dash, have you guys seen the small oval rubber blanking PLUG for the lower antenna mounting hole? Those are even harder to find!

Yep. I had a parts car that came w/o a radio. I think I have the plug in storage somewhere.

when I pulled mine from the field it had two plugs on the a pillar for the antenna delete.

I thought there were some like that.

Picture of the 620 Pickup block off plate.

photo136.jpg

Here it is in a 510 radio surround bezel.

photo37.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.