One major problem spot

I have started spending alot of time working on my bucket. I have one spot on the rocker panel in front of the rear wheel on the driverside that is actually making me lose sleep....seriously. Should I just tow it to a junkyard? I have a couple body guys coming over this weekend to give me some tips. Please give me advise as to WTF to do...should I keep working on it or scrap it..........what you think.....weld, duraglass, rage gold, help mefuct004.jpg

fuct005.jpg

fuct002.jpg

fuct001.jpg

fuct003.jpg:blink:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One problem......no room for another car......no tow dolly......I suppose one day.....thanks

Personally, I'd get it running well. Replace/upgrade parts that can be transferred to another vehicle (which is pretty much anything), but don't go all out. This way, (1)you still have a dime, (2)gives you time to look for someone w/ a rocker or a donor car w/ one OR (3)if out find a cleaner dime, you already have good parts to transfer over.

DON'T scrap it. Hell, I'll buy it off ya before that. :)

-Brian

I would just start cutting, get down to some good metal then start building it back. a good part of a day and it should be back to new :D Its just metal.

It can be fixed dude. I've seen and repaired worse than that. I would cut away at the rusted metal until you reach clean metal. If you have a sheet metal shop in your area; they might be able to help you out by bending some filler panels. It wont be a perfect fit, but it would get you close enough to work with.

I wouldnt scrap it. From the other pictures, it looks like the rest of the car is in pretty good shape.