Question for the KA crowd

Jester

Curious if anyone knows how much boost a stock KA piston will handle. I really want to push some pressure through this engine that I want to build. Just not sure how badly I want to spend $500 on forged pistons.

Thanks guys

Jester

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing some Google searching this morning has lead me to the understanding that the stock compression for the KA ranged from 8.5:1 - 9.5:1. I think if I set mine up with a little over 8:1 static, and feed it about 8-10# of boost, she will be OK with stock pistons.

Thoughts?????

This is for the engine in my wagon build thread.

The problem with boosting a KA isnt the pistons its the engine management. Stock engine management increases the timing. you would need to take timing out for boost and also need to increase fuel pressure for every pound of boost. Most turbo KA's blow up because the timing advances too much and they lean out and detonate

yes like other people said, its all about the tune. Also, what sized turbo are you running? 10lbs on a t28 vs t4 will yield very different results.

or you can use water/meth injection and run 14lbs safely all day. Just as long as you don't run out of h20/meth. Keep pre-detonation down and you'll be good.