Rock crawling 521

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha my video made it on here, nice. i dont have a build tread any more but this works too. i used a rusted up truck to start with so i dont feel too bad about bumping into things. :rofl:

well its going to canby, with the start button and everything. hahaha which by the way is my favorite part of it, other than what it can drive over.

lol i wanna take my tailgate off and have you put one of the front tires in the back of my truck.. :lol:

Sweeet, my '69 Chevy could totally spank that tho, with my 6.5 diesel, it's bawwwsseeee!!!! ;) That's what Chevyrules boy would have said, were he here. Hehe. ;) Sweet 521.

• Like 1

Sweeet, my '69 Chevy could totally spank that tho, with my 6.5 diesel, it's bawwwsseeee!!!! ;) That's what Chevyrules boy would have said, were he here. Hehe. ;) Sweet 521.

That brings back memories of a certain thread :rofl:

• Like 1

well and i guess you should all know that i may be bringing a broken truck, for warning on the photos i will upload in a bit. datsuns have weak frames. did not anticipate this happening

Holy shit batman! Now THAT'S a frame off restoration! ;) I kid, that sucks hardcore. Might be able to put a couple sandwich plates on it and weld back in. I think they have a patch like that for the earlier 76-80 something Chevy. The frame likes to come apart on those too. Never seen a boxed Datsun frame do that though. Damn. I suppose it's only a matter of time with gigantic tires and a lot of flexing.

well i braced the top of the frame, so it is held on by what i welded, i rolled the front cross member out of the datsun frame. all my welds saved me. :thumbup: i was actually able to drive back to camp and onto the trailer because of it. how ever i do need new engine mounts that are hard mounts to match mt transfer cases mount. the bolts on my cases are vibrating out because my engine moves too much. ill get some better pictures of the damage when i take the axle off and the you can actually see where the frame tore. thinking cutting it off and building either new front frame section or repairing and bracing and building a new frame that i have laying in my back yard, with the incident in mind when bracing that one haha.