Satch's 69 2 door farm find

So since I finally got her trailered home, I figured I would start my build thread. I picked up this 69 along with a running 71 4 door. The 4 door has a l20b, a87 head, and 32/36 weber. While it runs great, the body needs quite a bit of work, and the interior is completely stripped. The 2 door has not run in 17 years, but is complete and mostly original. I also scored a ton of parts, including a factory tach, new weatherstripping, new brakes, cannon single sidedraft mani, and 2 delorto carbs, among other things. All for $1000!

Anyways, I threw a battery in the 2 door when we got her home.....all the electronics work with exception to the wiper motor. The engine is completely froze up though. The plan is to clean it all up and swap in the drivetrain from the 4 door, then drive her til the snow falls. My build this winter could go in many different directions, and I am definitely open to ideas seeing as how I have an original car to work with. Thanks for all the info you all have provided and will provide in the future! :)

2012-05-22_16-55-42_922.jpg

2012-05-22_17-06-12_943.jpg

2012-05-22_17-48-41_696.jpg

2012-05-22_18-09-28_196.jpg

2012-05-22_18-09-53_174.jpg

This last pic is of the engine in the 4 door that will be getting swapped in for the summer.

2012-05-19_10-30-22_324.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the valve cover off the 2door and the bolts for it. (they are shorter than the normal valve cover bolts...) The finned ones are a little more rare and cool!

I actually have 3 of those 1600 valve covers, there are 2 more on the passenger floorboard!

Hott! And with stock radio, sweet. Looks very clean.

That stock radio works better than everything else on the car lol. Since my vehicles must be modified I'm thinking about building my very first "sleeper" out of this one. I'm talking re-do everything including the vinyl top, and completely restored interior, then go all out on suspension and an sr or vg swap. Thoughts? Oh and if I were to do the sleeper, do you guys have any wheel suggestions? (I do want it to perform, so steelies may be out of the question)

steelies can be custom built, or you can modify stock ones to suit. the hot rod and muscle car guys do it all the time. I think stockton wheel is a popular place to get that done. 15x7 steelies would look cool.

I will look into that, I do have all of the hubcaps so some black 15x7's would look pretty sweet. I suppose since this car will be a daily driver, not a track star, a few extra pounds won't hurt too bad lol

The other option i think, would be slot mags. so many stock datsuns ran those back in the day, that i don't think it would kill the "sleeper" vibe.

What about the turbine wheels that are on my 4 door, not sure what brand they are, but they're 13's and kind of subtle....... I do have a thing for slot mags too, hmmmmm

vg30 is a pain in the ass if you do mega squirt just fyi. tunning them is a bich two.

I will much more likely do a SR swap, if I were to do a vg30 I would probably throw a carb on it. Hell I may even do a ka and turbo it, there's no telling what could happen!!!! I just know that I want to keep it classy with a stock body/interior but have it stanced on a quality suspension/brake/wheel setup so I can have some fun on our badass mountain roads out here.

Oh and since I was going to rebuild the weber that is on the l20 now, I was wondering what the advantage, if any, would be just running the 1 sidedraft with the cannon intake. My last build was an 02 s2000, the one before that was a 93 rx7, forgive my newbness when it comes to carbs.

• 3 weeks later...

nice valve cover, didn't you say you have 3 of these? I wouldn't mind if one accidently slipped into a box labeled and shipped to me ;) :angel:

Thanks! Yep I have 3 of them, still have to clean grime off the other 2 then who knows what will happen with them! I was going to use one as wall art, but I think it will likely go up for sale since I would rather see someone use it in their project.