Oh ya.....bought another one

Jester

:D:D I bought another one today. :cool:

Tag has a build date of 11/78. King cab, has the tack, disc brakes, and dog leg 5 speed. Body is a little rough, but, for a $100. I couldn't resist.:fu:

Should have it home this weekend. Pictures to follow.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tag has a build date of 11/78. King cab, has the tack, disc brakes, and dog leg 5 speed. Body is a little rough, but, for a $100. I couldn't resist.:fu:

:fu::fu::fu::fu:

I really didn't expect to find one with so many goodies. I just wanted a cab and frame to swap all my shit over to. This one just kinda fell into my lap.

Sitting in a loggers front yard next to another one. I'm going to try and offer $50. for it. He doesn't have a title for it though. That and his granson hit a tree with it.

this usaully happens

I put a 510 out once for FREE then the next day another one showed up next to it.

NO takers

then I put 50$ on there and 3 people showed up wanting it.

na just bullshitting!!!!!!!!!

with the gas crunch that truck will be good, the 5speed and the gear ratio

just drive it,who cares what it looks like.

a guy at work today said to me when he looked at my 521 Is that truck going to last FOREVER.

(i wish it got bettter milage)

OK. It's home and has sence pictures had a bath. I will post some more latter.

100_2001.jpg

Please don't laugh, the trailer is borrowed

100_2002.jpg

Drivers side looks pretty good

100_2004.jpg

Nice little shot to the cab. Ouch! The door and fender don't look much better

100_2005.jpg

Oh ya, full set of four '70's fender flairs.

100_2006.jpg

The 620s never came with dog legs so it must have been swapped in like that pass seat.

Ya, my mistake. I think it's a 4 speed. DAMN IT!!!!! As much as I wanted to find a 5th gear, it's just not there. We'll have to wait till I get it running to find out I guess. I am going to buy the other truck for $50.00 as a parts truck. We'll see what tranny it has.

Thanks Mike.

In My opinion You got a STEAL!!!!! Now then, I believe You actually have a '79. Yes, the BUILT date is November 1978, but it arrived in the states in 1979. The reasons that I say this are: You have the '79 only door panels and the seats were cloth that matched. You don't have the stock seats though. Your dash is BROWN, VERY RARE and You have a different steering wheel than '78s. Also, Your center console should be brown if it's still there. Only the '79s had a tailgate liner. You should have it, or evidence of, the dozen or so holes that held it on. Do You have a factory tach or air conditioning? Does Your tailgate have a sticker on the passenger's side bottom saying "5 Speed" ? One last thing, You should have a brown headliner. If not, it should definately be a different, thinner material than the early standard cab trucks. Yes, it requires some work, but I feel that You have a good pretty complete last year example of the 620s. One last thing, If You remove the door panels, do it very carefully and save them as You still have the crome metal trim that a pattern can be made from years down the road for those of Us that might want to do a restoration. Another thing, Try VERY carefully to remove (if You intend to) the windshield "DATSUN" tint trim as I don't remember that one. It should be in a museum or at least photo documented for Our archives. Enjoy!!

Another rare thing that I now see is the side raingutter trim. Yes, that can be placed on any truck. Carefully remove and save it when You go to re-paint the truck. I see the chrome trim also in the windshield. The side Kingcab windows should have the chrome trim also. I don't see it on the driver's side though. Those gaskets will be next to IMPOSSIBLE to find so take GREAT CARE to remove them when You do. We have discussed how rare ANY Kingcab side window gasket is before. I have heard the old "wive's tale" of letting gaskets sit for a while in transmission fluid, but I have never tried it or know if it works. When I am in a yard and see either a window or gasket, I look carefully at the gasket's condition. If they are good, I pop the glass and purchase the gasket. If the gasket is junk and cracking, I cut the gasket and buy the glass.

I also noticed that You said that it DOES have a tach, but is it stock Nissan?

One last thing making it (in My opinion) a '79. The front fender side emblems. In 1978 they still said only DATSUN (in black, not chrome like 74-77) where Your emblems (1979) say Datsun BY NISSAN. I should have noticed that right off.

And the drivers side antenna is a 79 only thing too isnt it?

I dont ever recall seeing those 79? door panels that go all the way to the window, no door metal(body color) section between the panel and the window.

Jason

Steriod:

Thanks for all the info. As for the windshield "shade", it didn't come off very nicely, but, I did come off in for the most part one piece. Do you know of anybody that can make a new one form a pattern?

The entire interior is brown. Headliner is like a cream color, the console which is there too is brown. The dash isn't in that great of condition. I'm glad you shared this info with me. I was going to replace it. Guess I'll spend a little extra time to recondtion this one. Same thing with the door panels. The drivers side is pretty rough. A lot of cracks up toward the top.

It does have, what appears to be, the factory tach.

Both K/C windows have the chrome trim as does the windshield and drip rails. The windshield has one VERY small ding in the bottom right corner. Otherwise perfect. My brother in law owns an auto glass business so I will be calling on him to help my source a new windshield gasket. I REALLY need one.

And, yes, the side emblems say "made by Nissan" in small letters under the "Datsun"

I'll post a picture of the console so you guys can tell me if it's a factory one.

Thanks again

Jes

You're welcome. Yes, as it sits, that is a VERY complete good find. Also, it looks like the "shelf" (under the glovebox) is brown. It might be painted over or cast in brown plastic. If it's cast, that in itself is a rare item. Did it have a metal tailgate liner?

On the windshield trim. I have a few just like the one on My green truck, Funtana, that I had made up. Originally they were made with white silkscreen applied to the smoked windowtint material. When I went to remove it, by rolling it onto a plastic drinking straw, the smoked tint came off but the white lettering stayed on the windshield. I kinda' liked how it looked so I left it. A few other guys asked about it so I traced it and had a sign shop make Me 4 "copies". What I did, however, was to have them apply INSIDE the cab so that then a tint shop could come along and then do the smoked section OVER the white lettering and it would look just like a 30+ year old aftermarket product. I still have 4 of those available.

None of the interior is painted brown. It's all molded in brown.

The windshield peice; Great idea on the decal and window tint.

The truck does have the tailgate filler piece in tact.

Any suggestions on how to get the plastic back to good color? right now it's really chalky looking. The windows were up when I got the truck and it was parked under a tree. I think thats why the hood and roof have some bare spots on them.