Custom Skull Hood Badge!

fisch

Aww man, you got a badge for your 521 and the mounting tabs are broken off? Well if you are gonna drill anyway, why not add some style!

Simple as pie.

1. First get yerself a couple chrome skull fasteners (like for license plates).

2. Lay those puppies, centered, on the upper and lower black area of the badge. Outline them, then grab your trusty dremel tool and grind away till level enough to sit those bad boys in. The less gap the better. Don't forget to drill mounting holes for your bolts.

MyBAdgeDrilled.jpg

MyBAdgeFitting2.jpg

3. Place that on your hood and mark your drill spots. I used the old upper hole for the upper of the new skull bolt. Drill through the hood.

4. Bolt `er down and rock the Kasbah!

MyBAdge2.jpg

Note, I had to use a longer bolt for the upper holes as the new hood hole went through the hood support on the other side, thus making it a little thicker.

I know your thinking, "Dude Fisch, why not put one skull in the center of the 'D' and call it a day?" Alas, the center of the d is not in the center of the badge, and the skull would be off center and look kinda weird.

That's all folks!

MyFrontend.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freakin love it !!!! Love anything skull related [see sig. & avatar] Your 521 is a piece of art !!

Dude you know what I was thinking PAc... where your pumpkin comes through the bed on your 620- frickin paint a skull on it, and it will look like a skeleton is bobbing up and down under your bed!

2eDeYe;57335']:cool:

You should pick up a new dust cap for you wheel bearings. Nice and shiney to match the lugs. Or just paint a skull on them. :D

Your a mind reader ]2eDeYe! Literally right after I took that photo tonight, I took a wire brush to the existing dustcap to shine them up. (new ones would be even better. And I was think about painting skulls on them the other day. Just wish the fronts and back looked the same. I'd like to get some cones, but haven't found any that will fit.:( I do have one stainless steel bowl that is the perfect size, alas I need 3 more.

Fisch, Awesome Badge:D!!! Love the Skulls as well:):) Flows perfectly on the hood Ornament:cool:! Could one possibly be done on a 620 fender "datsun" logo????

I dont see why not. They are a bit thinner too & may not have to be dremel'd out. Plus you can get longer studs & run a few washers on the insides of the fenders....

I like it to! :D What is the skull count up to??

I will have to post a pic of my first Ebay purchase years ago :D

Only 7 skulls at the moment. But I just did a tiki pinstrip job on my 520 replacement dash! My wife was getting bored of skulls and challenged me to do something different. So I had to shake it up a bit. My first pinstriping ever! Will post pics soon.

But now you have me curious about your ebay purchase! Cough them photos up!

• 2 weeks later...

Fisch, very nice... I love the catch can or whatever it is on the front bumper too. Rat-rod FTW.

I've got a couple skeleton grim reapers I picked up in Mexico a while back... I'm considering mounting one of them on the dash in the 521.

• 1 year later...