Camping Canby

Wondering if anyone knows where a good spot to camp is near Canby. I'm looking for a spot that allows campfires and maybe some fishing. I love the outdoors. Too many rules at the Event campgrounds. Hard to tell where decent spots are unless you've been there. Thanx!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HRH, on 06 April 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

Does anyone do a local KOA campground or something close to Canby but a little more lax?[/Quote]

theres nothing close

sinner720st, on 26 February 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

does anyone know if there is another camping location very near by that would be more leniant to fires, and beers. would anyone consider staying offsite at night to kinda party and shit?

Willamette Valley

Park Name---------Full----Electric----Tent-----Group Tent------Group RV

Champoeg State----$20-------$20-------$15----------$51-----------$101

http://www.oregonsta...s.org/rates.php

Digging thru search, nothing too conclusive. :(

Yeah, realistically it's pretty cool at the fairgrounds. Aside from a few rules, it's rather nice to not have a rowdy crowd where you can't get to sleep. From what I remember there are some places to camp, but they're at least 20 minutes away. And you don't get to watch the car movies on the projector screen!

There was always shenanigans throughout the night, as well as the projector movies. Instead of a campfire, you could get one of those propane heater pillars... I wonder if they allow elevated "burn barrels"

And just remember, bring plenty of "water".

While I love dogs too, it's probably a good thing with all the food being cooked. Last year the crows were dive bombing and hauling away sausages. You can imagine a few dogs in hog heaven. ;) Plus, some owners (not us) aren't responsible and then we'd have dog poo on our shoes.

blah blah blah we dont like the rules blah blah

tough shit. Its the fairgrounds rules not the clubs. deal with it.

wanna camp with fire go to champoeg park and deal with a different set of shitty rules and other people that arnt cool datsun people.

its another half an hour from Canby.

• Like 2

Never have really looked at their 'rules' before... Just figure be courteous and when in Rome, do as the Roman's do.

Wonder if they'd have a problem with a BBQ or somethin'?

Nice! Didn't know about the movies. I was asking because I took some extra days off and thought I'd take advantage of what Oregon has to offer. I've heard Oregon was a great outdoors state. I'm not much of a partier, but I do like a beer when I'm out camping. I usually camp where you can be found. The movie thing sounds awesome! When do people start camping? Thurs/Fri? I'll definately stay at the event grounds for the weekend. Any good fishing in the area?

Nice! Didn't know about the movies. I was asking because I took some extra days off and thought I'd take advantage of what Oregon has to offer. I've heard Oregon was a great outdoors state. I'm not much of a partier, but I do like a beer when I'm out camping. I usually camp where you can be found. The movie thing sounds awesome! When do people start camping? Thurs/Fri? I'll definately stay at the event grounds for the weekend. Any good fishing in the area?

Camping for the event is Fri/Saturday with the actual event Sat/Sun.

If your rolling up Thursday maybe stay at Silverfalls state park and then roll up to Canby...

You should definitely camp at Canby

On Saturday night the guys running the movie at Canby were having trouble getting second movie to run and i dont think it even started till close to or past midnight...The camping area at fairgrounds is GINORMOUS you could camp in a close group or up to about 400 feet or more from any one else..We brought a propane stove and never needed it , just asked how the grills ( in the Ratsun compound ) worked and got our food cooked for us.. Thanks Elmer

• Like 1

If your rolling up Thursday maybe stay at Silverfalls state park...

SIlverfalls is awesome. I used to spend many a summer there with my grandparents when I was a little kid. I love the snack bar with the Elephant Ears... so delicious! Man, that takes me back. Thanks Banana.

Thanx Freak! What I was hoping for was something helpful like where YOU might have stayed and had a great time. Maybe you did some fishing at a local lake or river and caught a massive whatever. I've never stayed in Oregon. If someone was heading down to my neck of the woods, and they wanted to know where to camp, fish, ride, drive, or get laid, I would give some advice on my personal experience. If google was your experience, I thank you for your input and feel bad for you at the same time.

Silver falls looks pretty nice! Thanks guys!