Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

My 510 is not road safe yet. So, how does the L20bt feel?! 

I really like(ed) it, its a lot of fun to drive, and it pulls really well/spools up really quickly. I was only boosting 8-10 pounds. obviously mine and yours will be a bit different, im curious to see how you like your suck through setup!

seeing your e30 makes me miss mine. i cant believe i sold it. worst mistake ever haha

Yeah i enjoy driving it, in a lot of ways its very similar to a 510!

I guess since you brought it up, ill post a couple more pics of it, i just got some new wheels

And i finally got real people tires lol, no more bicycle tires on the 510!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like(ed) it, its a lot of fun to drive, and it pulls really well/spools up really quickly. I was only boosting 8-10 pounds. obviously mine and yours will be a bit different, im curious to see how you like your suck through setup!

Yeah, mine was said to be running 7psi. What turbo is yours? Mine is a Rajay with a Cartech kit, but I'm sure you saw.

Love your four door also, I think I was following you on my old Instagram. 

Yeah, mine was said to be running 7psi. What turbo is yours? Mine is a Rajay with a Cartech kit, but I'm sure you saw.

Love your four door also, I think I was following you on my old Instagram. 

I was running a vf-39 off an 06 Sti, yeah i saw your setup, i tried building my own suck through a while back but failed miserably! Ill probally go back to boost this summer when i start working again and can redo it all!

Some pictures, this threads been pretty dead lately!

IMG_20130218_145930_zps661f3e06.jpg

Only took me months to get... i have to go back for the fronts, one of my wheel studs was stripped out

IMG_20130215_191425_zpsd988fc40.jpg

IMG_20130215_191308_zps2074a78c.jpg

Wanna be 1/2in lower overall, but im waiting to get a lower profile tire.

IMG_20130215_180227_zpsc2fa736f.jpg

IMG_20130206_160028_zpsb6c0f2f4.jpg

I helped sixtyninedime (rapheal) with this a couple week ago, (door jam removal)

• Like 1
Wait wut..... U better be bringing this beast down on Saturday at 9 am we are expecting u

Saturday at 9am for what? and which beast, the datsun or the beamer lol

No. He sold the super low shitty one for a cleaner one. Same color though.

Yup, i was dumb enough to buy it from him, then i sold it to thegooner, and i believe he recently traded it to some guy in eastern wa for a Z car

• 2 weeks later...

in my pursuit for a more reliable better running DD i ditched the r1 carb setup, if anyones interested in that pm me for details...(carbs are only good for parts at this point)

But my main reason for posting is to get ideas on whats going out in my rearend... At first it was when i would hit about 70 there was a vibration, and if you let off the gas pedal the vibration would get really bad and howl throughout the cab. now its realy bad at those speeds but even does it down into like 50 mph...So to sum it up. doing 50+ theres a little vibration, and when you let off the gas pedal (so zero acceleration) that vibration gets extremely bad...

My first thought was wheel bearings, but i did one side a few months back, and they feel tight, my wheels are balanced, the dif? axles? has anyone else experienced this?

Wait.......................no more R1's?   Elaborate.  What is the new plan?

On your Q.  Try swapping outs diffs for a junkyard subi one and see if it changes/improves??

Not for the time being, i managed to break another float bowl tab when i was taking them apart today to try and figure out why they were starving for fuel. so i thru a different carb and mani on there an it runs like a top, electric choke to haha. like i said a couple times, im done messing with motors until i get some other stuff sorted out and fixed up, i just want it to run, and run good lol

i wonder what a dif from a junkyard runs, might have to check CL, theres a subi diff in there now

And does anyone know if you can buy the heater motor/fan new? or do i need to find a used one? something in the fan broke, and when its on high it makes a horredous noise, a started taking it apart and you can see it vibrate real bad on high.

and get this, so my starter went out, AGAIN a few days back. Okay no big deal, it has a lifetime warranty, order a new one, go in and go figure orielys didnt have my phone number on file for the starter, whatever ill pay for it, so i get it  and put it in.. first drive down my road, hit a bump and it starts spinning on its own, wont turn off, have to disconnect the battery... Pissed off i order yet another starter, it comes in, i take this one out and go get that one, this time i do get it for free, however i notice as hes pulling it out of the box the wire that goes to the motor is melted. he shrugs and says its not a problem... so i go home and what do you know... it doesnt work... just goes to show you that you get what you pay for and i guess theres a reson they have to offer a lifetime warranty

Since I have been on this forum, oriellys and autozone parts have been universally bad. I have seen a lot of bad starters from oriellys. Just get another from the jy and if that goes out ever, take it to a rebuild shop.