72 521 new oics. mighty mouse.

konig209

yea i know what u mean but i was just sayin is all.

the hinges hold it in place. but when i open it it flops around i usually have a screw driver but sometime i forget to leave it in the truck. but thanks for the tips. ill buu the threaded screws on for each side so i can use the one i have to find the right gauge needed.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how long it is.

PinLength.jpg
This is it's diameter.

PinDia.jpg

.3125 is 5/16.  5/16 mild steel round stock should be pretty easy to find.  If you can find some 5/16 drill rod, it is a harder alloy of steel.

Once you have the pin back in the tailgate hinge, you pound a dimple in the stationary part of the hinge, just outside of the pin to retain it.

Forgive me for i have finally found something worth trading my truck for.

Its a 75 toyota hilux sr5 with a 20r 5speed sitting on starion rims. I like the hilux alot and i hope he trade me.

This saturday ima meet this guy up for a streight across trade. Ive already made up my mind now its up to him to go through with it.

Here it is dont be sad ill pick up another 521 asap.

CAM00556.jpg

3Jf3N63H85L25Ne5I9d1s306b539a7c931192-1.

3L53F63J55Lf5Nc5F9d1s7eefb92052481fd6.jp

3E63L13Je5Na5G65F1d1s2d875cea421313dc.jp

Why if you dont mind me asking?

This i like the look it has.

The patina of the years its clean inside and 5 speed. But ive never owned one is it as much of a pain as a 521? Not that mine is a pain just curious.

Also do you know if the cab is bigger?

My truck was in great shape but it just did not feel like the datsun in my opinion,as for pain it will be easier to get parts and the cab is very very slightly bigger,and as for 5 speed it wont be hard for you to put one in your truck,also im sorry but no other truck has the character like a 521 small yes hard to find parts yes but once you get it dialed in you are balling,they make the 620 look like shit if you ask me there is less of them and look like a 510 from the front and who does not like a 510.. :D

• Like 1

I see well parts are easy to find for me i know where alot of them are no even kidding wish i had money to buy them all but i dont. But mh concern is a hilux is harder to come by especially the 75. So i would like to get it and then pick up another 521 to start over with asap as a full project.

You're gonna have one hell of a time getting that Toyota to pass smog. I thought u were gonna sell the 521 cause you needed the $$? Personally I wouldn't trade. But like tanker said if you like it go for it.

Oops. Nevermind about the smog. I just re-read and saw its a 75.

I know i will. Now that i inspected it well needa fix a few things now that i found the parts.

Sometime this week im installing new fuel pump gaskets. Brake line for front wheel. Bleading the clutch and removing the lines for the charcoal canister in the bed installing a temp gauge. And other small things. I wanna do a wire tuck. But i dont wanna fuck shit up and have electrical issues later everything works perfectly with my truck at the moment.

The tank in the bed is not a charcoal canister,  it is just a small tank, with three connections.   It is part of an evaporative emission system.

Evaporative emission control is a good thing.   You lose no power in it being there, or functioning.  In fact, by trapping gas vapors, it may actually result in a (very) slight increase of gas mileage, or at least sightly better running when the engine is started cold.  My suggestion is to leave it, and make it work.

Thanks for the info i was missinformed.

But its been disconected long time ago.

It starts up fine and im getting 31mpg.

I have a weber on there and the lines that used to go to the hitachi carb have long been gone. So i see no point in keeping it but if you say it would be beter then ill get some vacume lines and try to conect them again.i know one goes to the intake manifold what about the other? Didnt it go to the airfilter?

Ok so for about two weeks my truck has been acting up on me and its starting to worry me.

Like this morning it wouldnt start at all. So i looked under the hood and everything was ok. I reached in to start it and gave it some gas with my hand it fired right up. Then i let go to warm it from inside with the pedal and it died.

so i go to start it and it backfired and this huge flame came out the carb. (no filter) so i stop turning it and my carb was just on fire for like 6-9 seconds i was like wtf!!!! So i turned it over and it swallowed the flame. I waited like a min and it fired up like whats some ideas you guys got toward whats might be going on?

• 2 weeks later...