72 521 new oics. mighty mouse.

konig209

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is where ethnicity comes in... As a white guy i think its wired into my dna to appreciate old hot rods, and rat rods with moon caps, red wheels, and white walls... I love the look of gassers too... I appreciate the work that goes into hydros on an impala, but i wouldnt choose to do it. shit man, if i had black hair i would SOOO have one of those "greaser" haircuts, and a soul patch... It'd go great with a gasser. ;D

likewise... thats why you would choose an impala with hydraulics and whitewalls instead. Ethnic prefrence.

• 2 weeks later...

Carlos your crazy man hahaha.

Yesterday i got new h4 conversion headlights. Today i got new rims and my hid's. im pretty happy. wrenching hard on a customers yota all day. Going to be a good ass day i hope. Then get it outa here and work hard on the new shell.

PicsArt_1364088171418.jpg

• Like 1
Carlos your crazy man hahaha.

Yesterday i got new h4 conversion headlights. Today i got new rims and my hid's. im pretty happy. wrenching hard on a customers yota all day. Going to be a good ass day i hope. Then get it outa here and work hard on the new shell.

PicsArt_1364088171418.jpg

haha, story to tell my kids

hey u dont care about the bumper bolt right? can i cut it off?

• 3 weeks later...

So my truck finally got an opperation. A new head. Old 210 was done now has an a87 with u20 cam sounds mean.

So yesterday i started this procedure. Took it apart easy. Cleaned it all. Found Out alot about this peppy lil l16. It has .75 over sized pistons and a balanced crank pully.

Now putting it back together was hell :-(. Dropped the timing chain had to remove the timing cover and what not. Put it back together. And in an instant popped the new headgasket. All thanks to crappy instructions on how to toque the head to only 40lbs..

So today i did a new headgasket no issues. Perfect went to fire it up. No bueno water shooting out of cylinder 2. Wtf! Checked everything tried to leave headgasket for last option. Well turned out to be really realy bad intake and exhaust gasket. Somehow intake manifold water was getting from it into cylinder 2 lol replaced it and now its all good.

Moral of the story buy new gaskets dont reuse old ones.

All headgasket were new. Just pointing that out.

I would also find cheap oil to keep flushing it out with,water in case you don't does not boil until you reach 212 degrees.Now with that said the block has pressure so it will take even more heat so that will help with seperation. You should still flush with cheap oil start it stop it start it stop it to help circulate it will help and keep pouring in and dropping out of the block.

Thanks my cousin said open the oil pan drop diesel in it. Then put the cap on. Fire it up for about 30 seconds shut it off and dump it.

now what is that going to accomplish?

for long term cleaning, use this: http://www.auto-rx.com I use it for all my old motors. It's pricey and takes me months to finish sometimes, but results are awesome. Search the web for before and afters.