Wireless tracking devices, what are there for less than $100?

So here's the thing, we have a bunch of methheads in the neighborhood, and with the help of my neighbor, we know where they're operating from now. Given the city Police budget is non-existent, I thought of a much better way to get these guys caught, or at least give me the option of tarring and feathering them.

What I want to do is set out some bait. Like an unguarded bicycle in the back alley, or a maybe a crappy rototiller or something. Something that can be carried off by asshole methheads with bicycles.

What I'm looking for is some small transmitter I can hide in the bike tube or somewhere on the bait item, that will then be able to give me a location to go retrieve it.

I was looking online and don't see much except for expensive items. Anyone know of a budget option?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's the problem. I found some cheap enough, but you have to get them back to retrieve the information. So that would work fine if it's in a car or something where you're monitoring the driver and they're returning to a place. I just need something that can be tracked remotely, don't want to spend a whole lot of dough on it though.

Maybe I could make a bait bicycle that has a bear trap cleverly disguised as the seat? ;)

Build something like the Pirate box and have a good sized battery pack for it, attach it to said item, then go war driving for the signal with a wifi finder or laptop.

http://torrentfreak....nothing-120311/

Here's an even cheaper version of the wifi router: http://www.everbuying.com/product65368.html

I just don't know the range you can expect.

The FM transmitter is probably an easier solution.

If you get something tiny-ish like that...

Try and cut the pipe on the frame stick it in there securely and weld back up, of course mark the location somehow.

i was thinking getting one of those cushy seats and putting it on the bike, and then putting the tracker in the seat. also, scribbling your name on a piece of paper and sticking it in the seat post so you can prove its your bike.

i was thinking getting one of those cushy seats and putting it on the bike, and then putting the tracker in the seat. also, scribbling your name on a piece of paper and sticking it in the seat post so you can prove its your bike.

Meth heads take everything apart in order to sell, they'll probably find it lol, plus do you want to touch that seat after a meth head's ass has been on it? ollz

• Like 1

Hanging a bike out there to be stolen is casting a big net. There's no guarantee you won't catch the paper boy from down the block. For all the effort spent on this post you could just wear something black and go down there and fuck up their shit somehow.