datsun 110 "jeep"?

ok so yesterday i was at the family jy and i came upon a ? it looks like a small suzuki samurai,but had a strange hood and grill. i opened the hood and there clear as day was a datsun 110 badge it is right hand drive and runs an A series motor. and stupid me no camera and i didnt write down any info. its not a nissan patrol its small i can lift the rear end up by myself. does anyone know what the little monster is or even heard of such a thing,just kinda curious as to what it is. next time im up there i will get pics and more info. thanks for the help

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so yesterday i was at the family jy and i came upon a ? it looks like a small suzuki samurai,but had a strange hood and grill. i opened the hood and there clear as day was a datsun 110 badge it is right hand drive and runs an A series motor. and stupid me no camera and i didnt write down any info. its not a nissan patrol its small i can lift the rear end up by myself. does anyone know what the little monster is or even heard of such a thing,just kinda curious as to what it is. next time im up there i will get pics and more info. thanks for the help

Rhd opens up a few jdm options as it likely came over with a returning soldier .. How small is small? The original suzuki jeeps from the 70's were tiny. Ther was also the datsun 220 series wagoneer that lloks like that and has an e series and could have an a series swap.

As part of WW2 reparations, Japanese companies were contracted to make Jeeplike 4WD vehicles for distribution to South East Asian and Korean armed forces. The drive train were unique to the manufacturer but were uniformly excellent. I drove a Mitsubishi version in South Korea, it really had guts. Ran circles around the Willys Jeep.

Edited by MikeRL411

going back this weekend but i suck at posting just have a lot of stuff going on , but no pics no proof right? by tha way the front end was kinda like a willy's with a hood scoop thought it was someones attempt at something but who knows. by small im talking like old samurai's, smaller than newer ones but not like a vespa or anything. i thought it was 4x4 but didnt want to seem stupid just uneducated thats why i ask. its unlike anything ive seen in the datsun catagory. kinda cool but no title. could brobably get it fairly cheap just wanted some info and feed back from you guys thanks.

Nice ..now ya got everybody here on pins and needles waiting for your next post if you cant get back there call somebody who can get som picks for ya before it dissappears you may have won the lottery.....well not quite but in our eyes ya did.

its not going anywhere its my cousin's he has a private j/y , but in saying that he had a 2 dr 510 i didnt go get he scrapped it for 150 bucks :no: also had an s12 complete gone now a complete corona acouple of b210's all gone so i better call and save it!!!!

i will get pics and i gotta sell my 73 610 wagon before i can get anything else but talked to my cousin and he will keep it for me :thumbup: now all you guys got me wondering what i could do with this thing definately sparked my intrest. i kinda want to go up early. man i have too many projects and keep finding more, found a 75 corolla sr5 today i want it sooooo bad but also want one of my cousins 521's. i guess all in do time . first things first is try to get some pics

listen.. i've seen in person almost every datsun ever produced, including fire trucks, ambulances and dealer customs... A series motor says post 65 Sunny based vehicle sooo Sunny B10, B110 sedan coupe or wagon,,, B120 ute, or sedan delivery aka van. b210... yada yada no ladas.

the RHD thing intrigues me, but i'm still inclined to think this a frankenmotor swap into a Mighty Mite or a suzuki... not a Datsun vehicle with a datsun engine... more likely a datsun engine stuffed into something else.

http://www.jeepsunli...id=54&Itemid=31

hmmm mini moke? its austin a series powered..

merlin you are probably correct but did they put the engine info stamp and vin. on the engine bay on these frankenstein vehicles? im not sure thats why i ask. also its a hard top, on the other hand that mighty mite is freaking cool man i dig that.

I wonder if maybe you came across an early Suzuki Brute?

162126_936251877_big.jpg

The earlies ones came with a two stroke (man I love two strokes) which folks didn't bother to rebuild much, they swapped out the motors for larger inline fours like those found in Datsun's or Isuzu small trucks. These things are great off road, they are so freaking light, but they are strange with the two stroke motor (unless you love high RPM's off road). Ring, ding, ding, ding, ding

wayno you could be on the right track but did they come 4x4? im guessing they could have but i remember the mail jeeps around here were all 2x4 and this is in colorado in the 70's and 80's

Are you sure it was 4wd?

You looked the the front 3rd member, as the older mail trucks around here look like they could be 4wd, but they are not, there just a jeep with minimal gauges in a flat dash, and they can be quite small.