I saw the E bay 720 convertable !!!

Yesterday i took my HB to the annual Chicano park festival & while i was walking/taking pics I saw a red 720 cruising around the block!!! I ran over to the guy & asked if he had recently bought it off E bay & he said yeah. I asked what he paid fo rit, ready......$7000 !! he had that "i know i paid too much for it look" on his face when i asked :D Didnt have time to tell him bout Ratsun but i did snap a few pics. The axle,leafs & all suspension parts are chrome !!

DSC00778.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark.

I know I'll get "stepped on" here for what I'm about to say......... But this is all relative. If all of that bodywork was done in metal, there are hundreds of $$$ there. Now, translate that into what a person would spend at a bodyshop for the same work to another truck. Let's say that a nice 720 sold for $1000.00 with low miles. Add the price of the wheels and You are at about $2000.00. Paint ONLY, another $1500.00. You are now up to $3500.00. So maybe that truck has a nice stereo........ You see where I am going here. I, in My own opinion, feel that I vertually STOLE Wasserman's Wonder. It is costing Me BIG $$$ to have the bodywork done on My dually project. I would NEVER have thrown that much $$ into a standard cab, but as the dually is very rare, it will be worth it to Me. Wasserman's Wonder has a lot of tricks already done that I would have liked to do to the blue '76 that I was going to build. I never again would mold the top of the bed's bullitsides as much work as it has been. But on W W, it is already done. That alone is worth $1000.00 to Me. So, yes, in perspective what WE here are used to paying for is a lot less than $7000.00, but to build the same truck as that (especially to someone that, like Yourself and I) doesn't do bodywork, I believe that that price is fair. If Wasserman's Wonder had've been stored all those years with no time damage to the paint and such, it would have been to Me worth at least $5000.00. But that is MY opinion. I don't think that anyone else on here would give $5000.00 for W W. Actually, I don't think anyone on here would give Me $5000.00 for Funtana. Just My thoughts.

let me get a double baco ratsun....

double baco ratsun, it's for a cop...

what was that, you gunna spit in it now!?!

and let me get a liter, ratsun......

sir we dont a liter ratsun....

let me get a liter of RATSUN!!!

mike, do we have a liter ratsun!?!

SIR! we dont have LITER RATSUN!

i love super troopers :D

and i know that front end is not bolt on, it just KINDA looks it, lol