Need a Shipper for a motor

Hey, anyone know a good shipper that is cheap?

I need to ship my motor to Florida (from California).

I have a place with a fork lift so a lift gate or fork lift is not necessary.

Please let me know....

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Not sure where to post this. Please move if in the wrong Thread)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I had my 1959 Datsun shipped from NM all the way to MA via Uship. A guy with a ford truck and a flat bed delivered it. Worked out fine.

There is actually a show on TV right now about independent shippers that bid on Uship against each other and deliver around the country.

• Like 1

Yes I had my 1959 Datsun shipped from NM all the way to MA via Uship. A guy with a ford truck and a flat bed delivered it. Worked out fine.

There is actually a show on TV right now about independent shippers that bid on Uship against each other and deliver around the country.

the show is the only reason i know of it. i think its a stupid show idea but i like the way the company operates

the show is the only reason i know of it. i think its a stupid show idea but i like the way the company operates

Yup I put my shipment up for bid on Uship and the guy who brought it to me was the only guy who bid on my shipment!! But he had good reviews and had even delivered a helicopter with his pick-up and trailer. Granted it was a BIG dually ford. Thankfully it worked out. Cost about $1200 I think.

The reason he bid on it is because he happened to be one exit away from it and had a load already coming to the NE! But the poor guy had to go back for it because he already had something on his trailer (destined fr Maine) and my little datsun was a foot too long. So I had to wait for him to get another shipment back out west from the east. But still he got it here faster than the mainstream auto shippers were quoting me.

• Like 1

Dudes, I got onto uShip and I've got all kinds of bids for $170, $145, $160, $200... does this sound right for pretty much a whole motor?

Or are they going to tack on more cost as soon as I accept a bid?

they cant, thats not how it works. shippers pay a service fee to uship to use their site, thats where their money comes from. after that its up to the shippers to make a profit

• Like 1

Don't pay anything up front directly. A friend of mine just got burned for $1100 on shipping a Jeep from NY to OR. A couple of douche nozzles out of Vantucky, WA. Idiots, interstate cybercrime. They are now buddies with the regional FBI. Will she get her money back? Most likely not, and a hard lesson learned so use Paypal or a credit card.

• Like 1

The agreed deal is the deal, however a tip is often appreciated by the driver. I looked into it and it seems pretty standard. I think I tipped my guy $75 on a $1200 load, but he had to drag my car out of the desert and dodge snakes and scorpions.

Actually it is kinda a funny story. The guy who sold the car to me told me the driver paid his cousin $20 to beat around the car to drive out snakes and scorps. Has a bit of a phobia. But there were none. My wife was so freaked something might be living in it, she went out and bought Scorp and Spider killer, in MA! HA! There wasn't a bug in it. In fact there wasn't even a dead bug in it.

There was an antique pepsi bottle and about a million straws in and under the seats. The Seller thought that was a riot because his mom (who owned and drove it in the 60s) was always chewing on straws.

• Like 1

Don't pay anything up front directly. A friend of mine just got burned for $1100 on shipping a Jeep from NY to OR. A couple of douche nozzles out of Vantucky, WA. Idiots, interstate cybercrime. They are now buddies with the regional FBI. Will she get her money back? Most likely not, and a hard lesson learned so use Paypal or a credit card.

Shit, that sucks mang! I will def be cautious... Did they just not come to pic up the car or did they take the car too?

I will check for a COD option or something like that or use Paypal.... Thanks!

The agreed deal is the deal, however a tip is often appreciated by the driver. I looked into it and it seems pretty standard. I think I tipped my guy $75 on a $1200 load, but he had to drag my car out of the desert and dodge snakes and scorpions.

Actually it is kinda a funny story. The guy who sold the car to me told me the driver paid his cousin $20 to beat around the car to drive out snakes and scorps. Has a bit of a phobia. But there were none. My wife was so freaked something might be living in it, she went out and bought Scorp and Spider killer, in MA! HA! There wasn't a bug in it. In fact there wasn't even a dead bug in it.

There was an antique pepsi bottle and about a million straws in and under the seats. The Seller thought that was a riot because his mom (who owned and drove it in the 60s) was always chewing on straws.

Cool Story Bro....

Thanks for the heads up on the tip thing too~

Don't pay until the car is on the ground. It's yours then and the driver can't hold it out for more money than agreed. If you pay while on the truck it's still his and he can try to hold out for more than agreed. "Well sir, if that is what the law says, then the law is a ass!", David Copperfield.

im trying to get my u20 shipped from tx to ca and i had the lowest bid of 175. when it came to ship it they wanted the guys cc info i bought it from, the code i was supposed to give them when i picked it up to release it and some other fishy stuff so the p.o. told them to effe off and im now trying to find another carrier. ima try some of the ones listed above.

just be careful

• Like 1

My guy did ask for a deposit, and I did send him $400 on a $1200 shipment. Again, it all worked out fine. I read the reviews the guy had on uship, which were all good. The same way you would on ebay.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, used uShip and a freight service company called Global Logistics Services.

They quoted me $145 plus $35 for insurance ($6500 worth)

All together it is $188.... They pick it up on Monday.

I will let you know how it turns out....

It's packed nice and solid! All 270lbs of it!

The block is sandwiched in between plywood and then strapped to pallet.

(Pallet, plywood screwed to pallet, Block, plywood on top, banded around block twice,

then shrink wrapped to hell all around in every direction!)

PART_1330978332880.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Mazworx received my motor shipment yesterday!

uShip did exactly what they said they would do! Great price at $188 to ship my whole motor!

So now it is on! They did inventory of my parts and sent me parts list. Gave my motor build a W/O# and said they will be starting on my motor in 2 weeks.

First thing they will do is Clean the block and replace all of the freeze plugs and then sleeve the block. Next they will Machine the journals.

I supplied them with some Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers (RAS) but they said that they don't ever use them and don’t recommend them and won't install them.

A better option is to do the dual guide conversion where they will machine the rockers to accept 2 guides instead of 1. This will better prevent the rockers

from separating where it has 2 guide shims instead of 1.

Damn, this motor is going to be built RIGHT!