Datto down.....620 carnage

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet bonvo! Glad to see it turned out okay. I hope mine turns out that good. I'm ordering new fender and hood soon. Gonna source em out.local first. It drives okay, all just cosmetic damage. I'll be back with the story soon.

yeah it turned out ok till i was t-boned 6 months later lol

Don't waste you time or money trying to source an aftermarked fender. If you do find one you will be highly disappointed with the fit. They fit like smeg when there aren't any tweaks in the inner structure. Patience and used original parts my man. This is totally fixable. My Datsun got hit by a train back in high school and it was 500 times worse than that and it still lives to this day.

• Like 1

I see what you did there...... put the tire back on before taking the picture this time.

:poke:

Damn how did I miss that laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Should have known someone would go there... to be honest, I expected it to be Izzo or Skib laugh.gif

Story in a few guys. I'm gonna be fighting this ticket to the death!

EDIT: Btw, for those who asked, yes I'm okay.

Edited by metalmonkey47

Alright.... here we go.

I was driving down the far right lane, pulling into the turn lane and was cut off by a Scion (I thought it was a vibe but learned otherwise) that jumped into the turn lane and hit the brakes. I was following my brother to get tires so I can bring him home while they put tires on. When she cut me off and hit the brakes, she had started to pull into on coming traffic when cross-traffic came off the light and she slammed on the brakes and I hit her right rear corner.

Coincidentally, the cop in the first picture ran up seconds later and asked if we were okay and what happened. For reference in the rest of the story, this was NOT the cop that ticketed me.. He asked me to move the truck and asked her to move her car into the parking lot on the side. This cop was actually pretty cool. Very nice, calm and stopped to listen. Turns out that cop was off duty in his personal car only a lane or so away and was just rear ended seconds before. He ran over to see if we were okay. We got into the side lot, and another on-duty cop showed up and got my information. I stood around and looked at the truck to see if I was going to be able to drive it home. Which I did.

The investigating cop NEVER came over to ask me what happened. He NEVER investigated the incident with me and NEVER even saw the position of the vehicles in the accident. He wasn't rude or mean, he was very short with me. When he came over he wrote me a ticket for following too closely, gave me his number a case number, and left. She was gone before I got a record of my ticket.

I WILL be fighting the ticket. If you notice, the damage on my truck is on the far right corner, not in the middle where it should have been if she was already in my lane and I rear ended her. Her damage was on the right corner of her car. Technically, if she was in the turn lane turning right when I hit her like she said she was, the damage would have been on the right corner of my truck and around the center of hers.

I WILL be fighting the ticket, and will be pushing for her to be put at fault.

NOW, on to the damage. The radiator core support is buckled, but probably fixable. The radiator isn't damage, nor is the frame bent. The headlight's didn't even break. The grill is torn up, bumper is destroyed and the rest is obvious.

Justin%20Bieber%20mad.png

enter caption here

Alright.... here we go.

I was driving down the far right lane, pulling into the turn lane and was cut off by a Scion (I thought it was a vibe but learned otherwise) that jumped into the turn lane and hit the brakes. I was following my brother to get tires so I can bring him home while they put tires on. When she cut me off and hit the brakes, she had started to pull into on coming traffic when cross-traffic came off the light and she slammed on the brakes and I hit her right rear corner.

Coincidentally, the cop in the first picture ran up seconds later and asked if we were okay and what happened. For reference in the rest of the story, this was NOT the cop that ticketed me.. He asked me to move the truck and asked her to move her car into the parking lot on the side. This cop was actually pretty cool. Very nice, calm and stopped to listen. Turns out that cop was off duty in his personal car only a lane or so away and was just rear ended seconds before. He ran over to see if we were okay. We got into the side lot, and another on-duty cop showed up and got my information. I stood around and looked at the truck to see if I was going to be able to drive it home. Which I did.

The investigating cop NEVER came over to ask me what happened. He NEVER investigated the incident with me and NEVER even saw the position of the vehicles in the accident. He wasn't rude or mean, he was very short with me. When he came over he wrote me a ticket for following too closely, gave me his number a case number, and left. She was gone before I got a record of my ticket.

I WILL be fighting the ticket. If you notice, the damage on my truck is on the far right corner, not in the middle where it should have been if she was already in my lane and I rear ended her. Her damage was on the right corner of her car. Technically, if she was in the turn lane turning right when I hit her like she said she was, the damage would have been on the right corner of my truck and around the center of hers.

I WILL be fighting the ticket, and will be pushing for her to be put at fault.

NOW, on to the damage. The radiator core support is buckled, but probably fixable. The radiator isn't damage, nor is the frame bent. The headlight's didn't even break. The grill is torn up, bumper is destroyed and the rest is obvious.

Carry on.

• Like 1

Glad you're fighting that shit.

Also happy to hear the damage isn't too bad. +1 on moving over to the west coast lol.

I wouldn't mind the west coast laugh.gif Drivers here are moronic retards.

I don't see how I could loose my case. I'm going back to the scene of the accident tomorrow to see if she crossed a solid white line where she cut in front of me. If so, it's a clear cut case.

Hopefully it wasn't your fault? The insurance company going to pay for it?

According to the cop it was! I only have liability, so it will all come out of my pocket unless I can prove that I wasn't at fault.

dude cops are stupid the cop that investigated my t- bone accident had eye witnesses who saw the bitch run the red light and saw this

DSC04157.jpg

and the report said he couldnt determine who was at fault i was thinking ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!! the insurance investigators figured it out for both her company and mine but the cop who had eye witness accounts couldnt?

do work get that bitch fixed

Damn man, so glad that mine wasn't that bad :( First thing that came to mind was whether or not my truck was totaled.

I will not let myself be put at fault for this. There is NO WAY that I was following too closely, when she changed lanes in front of me and slammed on her brakes.

Damn man, so glad that mine wasn't that bad :( First thing that came to mind was whether or not my truck was totaled.

I will not let myself be put at fault for this. There is NO WAY that I was following too closely, when she changed lanes in front of me and slammed on her brakes.

good fight it with all you got

on a slightly unrelated note is this the first time you have seen the carnage of the yellow car?

Totally shitty situation.

Were there any witnesses?

Did you get their info?

Did you get a card from that off-duty cop?

Go back to the scene.

Document what you can.

Don't just remember it. Write everything down.

Take the camera.

I feel for ya man.

Shitty.

I have two witnesses. Neither saw the accident, but both have relevant information. I was 4-5 car lengths behind my brother entering the turn lane. The lady cut me off LITERALLY entering the turn lane leaving me about 1/2 car length in front of me, and started to pull into traffic when cross traffic from the light stopped her from pulling out. She failed to yield to me before changing lanes into my lane. My brother can verify her location relative to me and his car.

My commercial manager whose also a good friend from Autozone was driving by literally seconds after the hit and can verify vehicle position which was not documented and no other on duty officer was able to document before we moved into the parking lot.

I don't have anything from the nice cop that stopped though :(

I'm going out tomorrow to measure the length of the turn lane before the solid white line to see if I can confirm that she had to cross a solid white line in order to have her vehicle in front of me in the turn lane.

good fight it with all you got

on a slightly unrelated note is this the first time you have seen the carnage of the yellow car?

I got a lot to fight with lol.

Nope! I've seen it a few times, but I don't think I ever payed that much attention to detail. Sucks :( But at least you came out okay after the accident. If you had a passenger, they would not have fared well.