New here.

Hey, my name is Seth. I just finished building a 720 for a friend of mine, and I am going to pick up a 71 Datsun pickup on Monday to start working on. Already got a couple parts here I have been slowly accumulating, and I ordered a whole lot of parts last week that should be here soon. Going to keep it plain and simple this time. But my project threads are usually full of lots of tech. I'll probably be starting on it next weekend. I don't know if you guys like 720s here, since they're Nissan, but if you want to see it I will post some pictures.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to see you picked yourself up a datsun and made your way over here. cant wat to see what ou do with it. are you holdin off on finishing up the 'yota now?

I have mixed feelings on what I want to do with the Toyota right now. I'm going to put a Weber on it because I have had endless issues with the stock carb, and do some interior work, then I need to figure out what to do.

Awesome 720... I love the frame right in front of the rear axle, looks like you certainly took the time to do it right. Are you going with a similar concept for the 521, or a static drop and simpler mods?

Nice to have you onboard.

Sweet woodgrain...er...plywood...door panels! :D

Yeah its a bit rigged. Lol. Its got blocks of wood holding the windows up.

Awesome 720... I love the frame right in front of the rear axle, looks like you certainly took the time to do it right. Are you going with a similar concept for the 521, or a static drop and simpler mods?

Nice to have you onboard.

I'm not really into static suspension. I'd rather leave it stock than sacrifice ride quality. I'm all about that ride quality, and making it ride and handle better than stock. That shouldn't be hard with this truck though, since the front suspension is shot.

Anyways, I'm not going to back half the 521 like I did the 720. I'm just going to bag it with a Toyota axle out back and a Toyota front clip, some tube lowers, formed sheetmetal uppers, and Bilstein shocks. I'm going to do it right, but keep it simple.

Yeah its a bit rigged. Lol. Its got blocks of wood holding the windows up.

I'm not really into static suspension. I'd rather leave it stock than sacrifice ride quality. I'm all about that ride quality, and making it ride and handle better than stock. That shouldn't be hard with this truck though, since the front suspension is shot.

Anyways, I'm not going to back half the 521 like I did the 720. I'm just going to bag it with a Toyota axle out back and a Toyota front clip, some tube lowers, formed sheetmetal uppers, and Bilstein shocks. I'm going to do it right, but keep it simple.

So, are you going with a Toy drivetrain also, or are you swapping motor mounts to put the Datsun drivetrain back in? It seems like a lot of work to still have to fab new A-arm mounts.

NM, I think I read too much into your post. I was thinking you were fabbing a whole new front suspension on a toy front frame clip, didn't think about just using the stock toy mounts(assuming it matches up, I have never measured frame widths between the two.