removal of headlight switch....

Llittle_Llama

i cannot seem to figure it out, lol.... i want to remove it and and install a normal switch, i am rewiring the whole headlight and taillight assembly and am replacing EVERYTHING!!!

also, i removed the A/C system from the truck when i first bought it and finally removed the part that goes under the dash, just toss it or is it worth anything on here?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you need the needle nose pliers to hold the shaft so you can push and twist the knob off. Its baffled alot of people on here there first time as well. Dont let em fool ya into thinking they didn't struggle with it.

• Like 1
I believe you need the needle nose pliers to hold the shaft so you can push and twist the knob off. Its baffled alot of people on here there first time as well. Dont let em fool ya into thinking they didn't struggle with it.

Yep :D

luckily i didn't have to many problems when i pulled my dash apart. now i did almost break the wiper switch knob trying to get it off as i didn't realize how ti came off untill AFTER i ripped it off. so dont feel bad...

Hold and push down and twist. It might twist in either direction, but be sure to have the lettering the right way up when you put it back on. Bacardi is thinking of the heater controls.

The '55 Chev you had to reach under the dash and over the switch and push a tiny spring loaded button and the knob and shaft would pull right out. I had a '57 too, and I think they were the same.

well it's connected to some other ting thats connector to the wiper switch, lol.....thats why i was wondering what to do with it? im just going to run a switch straight to the wiper motor and the battery (fuse also) and do the same with the running lights and headlights.....

also, i removed the A/C system from the truck when i first bought it and finally removed the part that goes under the dash, just toss it or is it worth anything on here?

What do you want for the underdash A/C unit?

well it's connected to some other ting thats connector to the wiper switch, lol.....thats why i was wondering what to do with it? im just going to run a switch straight to the wiper motor and the battery (fuse also) and do the same with the running lights and headlights.....

thats cool. spare parts are not a bad thing. switches at my local pull-a-part run bout $5 a pop if ya dont pocket them. i am interested in both.

The ting that's connected to it and the wiper is probably a fiber-optic cable for transmitting light to illuminate the switch knob at night.