A Beautiful Find

DatDoug

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way it rides so smooth! I just drove my 77 dumped and my back is 2" shorter!:eek: I already dropped it about 2" in the front. We'll see:rolleyes:

Just fixed the speedo (thanks Dick) and changed the tar.....I mean oil:eek:

Its got a wicked stereo in it. I will have to sell it tho. Either this or my Dime cause of medical expenses:(

what do you want for it??? my brother wanted that truck bad!! he has some cash saved up

:EDIT: I call first dibbs:D

I took the Toyota chromies off my Ratsun and put them on the 79. I think it is a much needed improvement. Better look abd better fit. These will do until I find some frontier rims. I mite lower it. Rite now I am working on the motor. I think the timing chain is off a tooth as I cant seem to get it rite. It also runs hot, about 200 degrees.

truks002.jpg[/img]

you want some 4 spoke xterras? 175 shipped and there yours. i even have 3 center caps!!!

Thanks for the offer. I dont care for the 4 spokers tho. I am looking for the 6 spokers.:D

I emailed the ad 4 times in a row, never heard back.

I hate you.

I am also greatful. 1. I would have 2 trucks now. 2. My wife would be even more pissed then she normally is. 3. I'd have to sell 1 truck that I didn't want which would be 0.

The red bed is to die for. I'll give you 300 bucks for it.

I put my 3" blocks on the 79 and dropped her down. I noticed that it sits a lot lower than my 76 does. I investigated and found that the 79 has 1 less leaf than the 76.

I also had to put anothe radiator in as the original one was clogged and overheatin the motor. I could not find a new one so I put in a larger use one my friend had. I want to get a new oe that is the original size but where?

Moved the cam sprocket counter one tooth and got it all timed. She runs sweet now. I wat to get a new tailpipe, shocks and eventually get some frontier rims and she will be my daily driver.:D

Here are soe pics of the drop:fu:

79ReD001.jpg[/img]

79ReD002.jpg[/img]

:lol:I hate you.

Ah, ha, ha! That's what I wanted to say when I saw this truck. That thing is cool and I don't really even like red.

I hate you, in the little voice the girl next door use to use on me when we were kids. In her best valley girl inflection. Judy Matheson, what a little hottie. When ever I had something that was cooler that she did and she knew it she would say, I like hate you. :fu:

I understand that he's talking about engine timing. I was wondering what he's talking about. I haven't heard about this. Is this somethng Doug HAD to do or is it something he decided to do. What benefit is gained by doing this.

AND, how does it AFFECT the ignition timing.