Datstang 320 w/ ford V6!!!!!! lots 'o pics

fisch

Well about a year ago I was one phone call away from getting this 320. But the very day I was going to say yes, I found the ad for my 521 and the price made the 521 to hard to resist.

Some of you may remember seeing this truck on ebay a while back. The owner was a really awesome guy who sent me tons of pics which I am now getting around to sharing.

My memory is a little foggy, but the story I remember is, It was a Maine truck that an artist owned and did all the work too.

Ford Mustang V6 motor (74 I think)

Pinto steering rack and pinion.

Currie Enterprises rear end (I think)

Hand made fender flares.

All metal, no bondo.

Only complaint from the owner was that is was hard to turn the wheel when standing still.

Had to weigh down the bed to stop it from spinning!

Looking back at these pictures i wonder if I made a mistake not getting it! Damn it is straight! But a few grand for this, next to a couple hundred for the 521 made the decision for me.

If I think of anything else I will let you know.

Pic time

GreenDatsun001.jpg

GreenDatsun002.jpg

GreenDatsun003.jpg

GreenDatsun004.jpg

GreenDatsun005.jpg

GreenDatsun006.jpg

GreenDatsun007.jpg

GreenDatsun008.jpg

GreenDatsun009.jpg

GreenDatsun010.jpg

GreenDatsun011.jpg

GreenDatsun012.jpg

GreenDatsun013.jpg

GreenDatsun014.jpg

GreenDatsun015.jpg

GreenDatsun016.jpg

GreenDatsun017.jpg

GreenDatsun018.jpg

GreenDatsun019.jpg

GreenDatsun020.jpg

GreenDatsun021.jpg

GreenDatsun022.jpg

GreenDatsun023.jpg

GreenDatsun024.jpg

GreenDatsun025.jpg

GreenDatsun026.jpg

GreenDatsun027.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure thing Bee, just posted it in the gallery. I think the fenders came as a result of the tires sticking so far out. But I agree they aren't the most atractive things for the lines of the truck!

I do dig the fenders on that orange flamed 320 in the gallery! Would've liked to see that treatment here too.

I believe you are right. As i recall he bought the truck from the guy in Maine I think. I found it on one of those country wide Craigslist searches I do every now and then. But I had seen it on E-bay prior to that.

He even offered to deliver it to my door in Ma for a $300 delivery fee. Which would have saved me $1000.

It's a 320, but somebody did a ton of work to it. The locking gas door fits the stock opening, but the hinge area had to be added. I agree about the flares, but the work itself is awesome! I can't even imagine how much time it took to work the body line into those flares!