Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful you don't use up all your tows for the year with AAA and get stranded for real some time. I used them all up one year with my old 1981 Subaru.

:sleep: Thankfully my last one was about two months before it rolled over and re-upped.... I squeaked by before needing it again. :D

Unfortunately it probably will... it will always remain Minty, but I need to take care of a few things that will make me paint it. Im still trying to hunt down this specific color, otherwise its going to the Silva color I listed earlier.

Unfortunately it probably will... it will always remain Minty, but I need to take care of a few things that will make me paint it. Im still trying to hunt down this specific color, otherwise its going to the Silva color I listed earlier.

But what about the patina!!! :no:

ahah kidding, from what I've seen already I bet it will still look great :thumbup:

I love the patina... Im going to getting rid of some rust and filling in some holes. I dont want patches of primer to be visible so its going to need to be painted. Im holding off on that for as long as I can so I can keep the patina the way it is. I like it too, but fresh paint trumps primer patches any day.

I must be the fucking King of Flats.

As I drove past the car to call AAA, I noticed some papers on my windshield. I though it was just my luck that I would receive a ticket as well as the flat. Turns out I got these:

8123858829_121fc5e1ef_z.jpg

8123858455_35590eb55d_z.jpg

hey that's a relief! if that happened in socal, there'd be no note & ......... no car (or missing parts) when you got back :P

hey that's a relief! if that happened in socal, there'd be no note & ......... no car (or missing parts) when you got back :P

Yeah Im pretty lucky the car has been safe. Once I brought it off the side of the road, I had it parked across the street from my apartment. I woke up to another note on my car asking to sell it... I would be a horrible owner if I sold it over a flat.

Ive had about 6 texts over the last few days asking if I disappeared. Nope... still around. I have done no work to the 510, but I have about 6 deals floating around for various items. Things will be changing here soon. Updates should be pretty good for a bit once things start rolling here soon.

Thanks! There should be some high quality images at one point... I either have to get off my ass and take my own, or just let a friend do it (which would mean I would have to get over to Seattle). Thanks for the compliments man.

522364_10151121191522479_1585582724_n.jpg

Snagged one of these today at a local yard... now I just need a 69 Owners manual to fill it.

Tdaaj and I met up today and wandered around the junkyard checking out what it had to offer. Found a few cool items and made a trade. I now have a new double-pop sunroof... best part of the new glass is that it has perfect seals. No more leaky roof in the rain! Oics of the sunroof tomorrow when I see what its going to take to make it fit.

Thanks Ted!

damn man, thats a long ass build thread - that took forever!

There may or may have been a little chit-chat in this thread with no work... Oops!

Deadline for a few projects has been set to December 2nd for the Toys for Tots meet. I'm hoping I can get the majority completed in that span.