Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

the two large brakets are supposedly l series a/c bracket for a york style compressor...i can tell u this the compressor bolts to bracket ...and they bolt to the block but other than than that i dont see how i will make this work....the upper idler pulley bracket mounts over and replaces the front cover on the head...no a/c for me ... will be a air compressor for tanks and sacks....u know fer the minitrux...was gonna try this on my l 16 but afraid when clutch kicks in it might stall the truck....plus im using all my power to over come stuck brakes...i bought all the pieces but have yet to see a pic of the york set up on a l series... maybe that should be a challenge..

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking of running AC... Not that I really need it, just think the underdash units are cool looking.

Edit: the small brackets that look like disc conversion brackets are how the horns bolt to the car.

got a underdash unit for u but its snapped in half ... still in good shape other than that.. i thought about a/c but decided if the goon is a/c it will be hidden underdash unit .(also if an whenit goes k/a de)..i need the leg room

Negative. We need to try to track down a part of the rear suspension that we found that's fucked up on our Maxima, so we need to go junkyarding instead. But I'm down to make a run over to Silverdale either tomorrow evening, or Sunday if it works for you. Just let me know what may work best for you and I'll make it happen.

The maxima wagon I pulled my front parts from had a complete rear suspension.

Tell me what you need Vis text jenn and I'll go pull it and have you pay me paypal Style

I've owned upwards of 8 different over 350hp cars and 3 of those were 450+. I used to do a lot of drag racing and I'm just over it. I'm ready to pop the sunroof, roll down the window, throw it in gear, and cruise. I'm in no rush to get anywhere.

I didn't think you'd mind if I hijacked your thread quickly.

dc163723f45001e21caf3dbe0263bee5.jpg

This is the next door neighbors Pug "prancer"

Funny little bugger. She keeps breaking into our yard to play with my three dogs and my geriatric Rottweiler herds her around the place.

Good for a laugh.

That looks like a Puggle... I'll only half love it. But no, I don't mind the hijack. Pugs are always welcome!

I'll be finishing up the top half of my horns tonight at work and then reinstalling in the morning sometime. Ive also got a new set of plugs and wires thanks to Q-tip waiting to go on. Then just some caps and I'll be stylin'!

Was a smooth install. To give a quick summation to what the pictures are saying... I bought a roadster overflow, cut off one of the brackets, made a new bracket, had it coated to match the valve cover, used to stock overflow hose and cut it to length, used the extra for the overflow port on the tank, mounted it to the bolt I took a picture of using the bracket I made, and screwed on a new cap.

I like the way its mounted but would prefer that it sits a little closer to the radiator support. I think Im going to bend up a wire-frame holder for it and use that instead of the brackets on the rear. Just a thought though. For the amount of money I put into this project, Im extremely happy.