Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

You traded me a set of pogs for that... its mine now. Dont be an indian giver.

So now you have a problem with Indians giving you stuff??

Oh, and thanks for all the Toyota pictures you took for me at that Bothell Import-fest

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If either of ours were '69s I might take you up on it. I already have the old plates on the truck, and had another ready for the 510, but I think I might start daily driving it, so I probably won't use them. Are you looking for something specific in the set you want, or not? If not, I just might be willing to part with my extra set..... but only because you're a Pug owner, so I like you :sneaky:

Well, Id like to pick up a set of classic plates with a 69 sticker... that would be ideal. Then I can order vanity plates in that number and put the stickers on the classic plates and not the new plates. If I cant find a set, then I will just use the plate I have and order vanity plates with that number; then just see if I can get away with using one plate. It seems a few people in the area have success with doing that.

I figured it might come down to that... I like them better with one plate as well. I feel weird getting a vanity plate for a number thats not custom haha. Oh well, once I can scrounge together the $80 Ill do it.

Text me it son. I want to keep the current tabs that are on the plate, so Im going to have to tape the new tabs over the old so I can remove them when I go to shows or for pictures. I dont want to ruin the condition of the plate.

Gah, looking at that last picture, I really need to get that rear end situated. I still have to pop out the center so it lines up with the trunk edge, remove my lights, plug the holes, install the center garnish, and mount my new bumper light. It shouldnt cost me anything so maybe its something I can manage to do soon.

I wonder if work would let me bring in my bumper to drill it with a press. It would make things much easier.

I might take you up on that... I was thinking of taking all the stuff out of the tail light panel, then placing a 2x4 along that panel and getting in the trunk to push with my legs. I was able to pull a bit out with my hands, but Im still about 1.5in shy of being flush.

Hmmm, maybe use the 2x4 in the trunk with chains connected to a come-a-long and ratchet until it's straight. Use the heat gun on the paint. You could offest the focal point of the come-a-long to match the dent too.

It was me being retarded... its like what they do for race tracks, but I was just being different so I didnt go with crosses. It was just done for that event; I dont drive around like that every day.

my audio buddy did this to me on my bagged mazda, drove around a day and a half looking retarded...(from the tape not my general personality...) hes part black.. he got all mad when i called him and said thanks for sambo ing my truck u jerk...

• 2 weeks later...

Tristin, Did you die? you havent been trolling meh :crying:

worker bee in hazing..

No, but I have been unbelievably busy with life. Im glad you missed me... Ill stop by your thread and talk shit here in a minute or two.

So in summation here has been whats going on:

1. Life went to shit

2. Beyond broke

3. Couldnt keep up

4. Got a new job

5. Currently scraping by but at least no longer going downhill

6. Massive amounts of overtime at my machinist job as well as many websites built to pull in a few extra dollars

7. Life steadying out

8. Still beyond broke

9. Still successfully DD'ing the 510

10. ???

11. Profits

My goal right now is to figure out what Step 10 is so that I can get to Step 11. Any ideas?

Since I have had no money or real time to do anything, the car is basically where it was last time I was active here. Since I dont have any funds to buy anything new, I have been trying to keep my head in the game by doing some mods or upkeep with parts I have laying around the garage. I took my rusty hubcaps and door sills into work and used the sand blaster on them during a lunch break. They are still a little beat up, but they are now all rust free (about 90% I would say) so that makes me happy.

Before:

7497324894_7306742ca2_z.jpg

After:

7497334596_1025b67261_z.jpg

I was able to straighten them out with a rubber mallet and some selectively placed aluminum bar found in the shop. They are mostly straight though still pretty dinged up. Im thinking about having them powdercoated in wrinkle black to match the planned valve cover and items for the trunk space.

7497313110_f4df69c562_z.jpg

I wanted to make sure they fit well and were straight enough so I have the sills installed (sans screws) on the passenger-side; I really like the look. Since I work graveyard, I installed them then and dont have pictures due to the amount of light available. Once I get a chance, Ill snap a few pictures of them. They are currently just sandblasted matte silver, but they do look sweet installed.

Ive also decided to install the weather stripping that has been sitting in the garage for months. I went to install it quite some time ago, but the adhesive I was using sucked hardcore so I gave up. Its super drafty and noisy in the car so I really want to get them in. What are people using to install weatherstipping?- is there some sort of 3M product?

And lastly, Ive had this for awhile as well, but since I have no money for a hub... it just sits in the house in its box. I think I might have mentioned it before, but Ive never posted pictures of it. Here is the steering wheel I plan on running:

7423708466_8b8f57e431_z.jpg

7423709752_8e8fe13ef5_z.jpg