FOR SALE 67 411 WAGON/65 L320

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have any of those that flaked out actually gone and looked at the car? I saw pics of it from the original seller and the cancer was really bad, so I am wondering if you have had anyone actually come see the car.

Also, what is the running condition of the car? I realize you've done some work to get it running, but how well does it run? Could it be driven daily or does it still need some bugs worked out. If the latter, what needs to be done? What kind of shape are the tires in? How about the brakes? Is the clutch in good shape?

It is tempting, but not sure it is worth the drive for me. Just one more question - you state in the CL ad you have $1600 in receipts for recent work, but you state in here that figure is closer to $425. Can you clarify that please?

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. Still curious to know if any of those that flaked actually came and looked at the car.

The rust issue is, of course, subjective. For someone like me, I don't have the skills or tools necessary to fix what's there. I would guess just to do the patch work and primer the area would be at least $500 if not more. On the contrary, someone like you could probably fix that in a jiffy - in fact, if you don't sell it, you might want to consider fixing the rust. I suspect if anyone has seen the car in person and backed out - rust was the reason.

Also, for what it's worth, those plates are not original, but I don't think anyone buying that would care. Those plates started being issued around 1973. Correct plates would be yellow lettering on a blue background.

• Like 1

+1 in this thread for Drew510 for asking real questions in a respectful way, and a +1 for the seller too, for answering them.

I think the last thing we want is for Datsuns not to ever be offered on ratsun for sellers fearing getting flamed or thinking we are all too cheeap to even give us the chance. Then the cars fall into the hands of someone with a V8 lurking in the shed. Or a scrapyard down the block.

In the end the market will dictate the price of anything.

There are, to say the least, inconsistencies with this wagon! The rear badging says "Datsun 1600" and "BW Auto". This is NOT a WRL411 with Borg Warner Automatic transmission. Under hood shots clearly show a J13 engine with manual transmission master cylinder. Also, the coil is in the wrong position and there is no sign of the fuse block! What else is not Kosher about this wagon????????

Well it isn't being sold as a automatic. It's just some later 510 badges put on.

That motor looks like an A series to me. J fuel pumps are on the left side of the block this one obviously is getting it's gas from the right just like the A series.The alternator adjustment strap is straight on the J but curved on the A series.

Personally I dont give two shits about badges or if it is auto or stick, it looks good enough to go look at it further. I just want the thing to get down the road and not be a total rust bucket. I would be dumping a grand into it anyway to tint, alarm, interior, ect. But it is too short notice, just got my W2's and it takes about a week or two to get it DD into my account. Thing that is really killing me is your in Salem, it is a bit of a hike for me ATM to look and not have money in hand. GLWS, personally I would sit on it for at least 2 weeks due to tax season, but it isnt my call.

There are, to say the least, inconsistencies with this wagon! The rear badging says "Datsun 1600" and "BW Auto". This is NOT a WRL411 with Borg Warner Automatic transmission. Under hood shots clearly show a J13 engine with manual transmission master cylinder. Also, the coil is in the wrong position and there is no sign of the fuse block! What else is not Kosher about this wagon????????

Logical questions are one thing. The the inference that the seller is hiding something not 'Kosher' really isn't acceptable in this case. Take the first and last sentence off this post and it is fine. I just wish folks would take a little more time thinking about how their typing reads to others. Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the interwebs. This reads like you are accusing the seller of something unscrupulous, when he has posted more pictures than most in a sale ad and seems to answer every question asked, even if the question was phrased in a rude way.

Maybe read Drew510s posts above to see how to make an inquiry without coming off accusatory? From this thread I doubt the seller is as much of an expert as you are on the 411, and might not know what is stock on a 411. Hell most ratsun members don't know what is a stock set-up on a 411.

I think it is great that you are pointing out what might not be original, but could live without the tone.

fuck, i'm beginning to ask why anyone would bother ever posting anything for sale on here... Suck it up princesses!

1 people buy cars and parts and flip them,... or they realize they are in over their heads... there's another thread on here where a member is selling a car for almost double what he paid for it 8 months ago, but no one is giving him shit cuz he's in trouble and in over his head.

2. cars/parts are investments... buyers and sellers have no moral obligation to pass on the same great deal they got on it to you.. if you think this is unfair, then you're an idiot.

3. you bitch about someone flipping a 400 dollar datsun for 800... then you go buy a 20 cent cup of coffee for 2 bucks or a 2 dollar bottle of water that you can get out of a tap for free... you're an idiot. You pay more per gallon for soda than gas... you're an idiot.

4 what price i try and sell something for is my business... what you want to pay for it is yours... you can try and haggle, but calling each other a crook or a cheapskate is fucking stupid... once again... you're an idiot.

• Like 4

Well said Merlin. It has been getting bad here lately. I am sure there are people who won't sell here because we are getting the rep that we are all a bunch of cheap bastards who will flame you for selling something the flamer has no intention of buying and guess what people, there are people on ratsun with deep pockets.

You think this seller would have brought these cars to our attention if he know the reception he would get? I wouldn't. I am F'n embarrassed for us. And they might have gone to scrap or who knows.

A case of a few quick-to-type post-a-holics creating a rep for a much larger majority.

• Like 1
Guest kamakazi620

Well said Merlin. It has been getting bad here lately. I am sure there are people who won't sell here because we are getting the rep that we are all a bunch of cheap bastards who will flame you for selling something the flamer has no intention of buying and guess what people, there are people on ratsun with deep pockets.

You think this seller would have brought these cars to our attention if he know the reception he would get? I wouldn't. I am F'n embarrassed for us. And they might have gone to scrap or who knows.

A case of a few quick-to-type post-a-holics creating a rep for a much larger majority.

Sorry Fisch but i was on my way to pick this up and this guy got it before me,Then after a $400+ exhaust(Ruined the car)i'm not gonna pay extra to fix someones mistakes......... :rolleyes:

Sorry Fisch but i was on my way to pick this up and this guy got it before me,Then after a $400+ exhaust(Ruined the car)i'm not gonna pay extra to fix someones mistakes......... :rolleyes:

Get there faster next time.

And if you aren't going to pony up the extra cash for it, why are you in this thread making price comments still? Dude you have a soft spot in my datsun heart like a f'd up mascot sometimes, but did you not read what we've been saying? Sounds like sour grapes brother.

I like you Kami, really. i dig your punk rock playing kamakazi self. But time for a little vacation.

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.