Hello all

Hello everyone..My name is Ben and I'm from sunny Minot , North Dakota(most awesome place on earth). And like all of you I love cars, but there's just something bout a datsun that makes me smile.

I found my datsun in my neighbors coulie about a mile from my house burried under about 5 foot of snow. So to extract the little bugger I used about 150 foot of chains and tow rope and a 10 ton backhoe to try and pull it...but it was frozen to the ground so the back bumper just ripped off instead...So I waited until the snow melted and brought it home

041401_144400.jpg

Finally Home!!!

After gettin er' home the teardown began immediatly...most of my work was done on a gravel driveway

050401_210100.jpg

All safety here.:)

So after it was all tore down the suspension parts were sent to a local buddy to powdercoat....and then the flurry of parts started coming in...

053101_172600.jpg

053101_224200.jpg

053101_224100.jpg

1314748701738.jpg

2011-11-10_19-52-40_432.jpg

Parts!!!!

But then Minot decided that it was going to spring a leak and flood like a muh fudger!..so being a truck driver I started hauling clay for diking systems along the river...but efforts were mostly futile

052801_081000.jpg

053101_083500.jpg

So this took up a good two months of my time so not a lot was done on the car

finally i got into a little shop and started to reasemble the car

2011-12-10_17-34-09_234.jpg

2011-12-10_17-34-19_221.jpg

Then I finally for the first time in about 9 Months the car was back on its wheels....only problem I didnt check backspacing on the rims and they rub the rear trailing arms and front strut tubes....so is anyone wants these rims let me know im looking to get about $ 500 for them..brand new

:D1323647336460.jpg

tire

are 15x6.5 4 lug 4x100 and 4x114.3 and I beleive +40 offset....with 195/55/R15

falken tires

So now Im preping to go to paint and

autobody...

Keep tuned kids for any further information and any

new happenings! :D :D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben,

When I heard about the flooding I said "Hey, I sent some parts to a 510 owner in Minot, I wondered how things are going for him?".

It looks like things are getting back to normal and you are diving back into your 510 project. Thats good news to hear and keep us informed.

Keep after it. These little cars are a blast and Ratsun has the best people around. Don't be afraid to ask questions and if you need some strange part you will most likely find it here! ;)

actually we have had a record setting year so far ...and today im going to go and try and mount up the front fenders and look a little farther into rolling the rear fenders...also further prep the engine bay for paint.....

well i recently started a project on a weee little trail bike should be done in like a day so progression will resume on the datto soon enough....btw still need all electical switches for headlights wipers blinkers high and low beam and ignition....so any leads on those items would be awesome....also suggestions on wheter is

should do the motor and driveling first or the body and paint first would be

appreciated.....cuz everyone loves a sleeper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!