• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here it is stacked.... at Dog Island Disc golf

CAM01060.jpg

top mount part # crosses over to a peterbuilt part lol ..... wonder if my Mom would part with that set of train horns she never installed while driving owner op?... hehehe :devil:

CAM01115.jpg

Got some 235 60's thrown on these scrap rescued white spoke wheels.... a little baseball bat massaging quickly ensued...

CAM01114.jpg

CAM01109.jpg

CAM01113.jpg

ignore the temporary exhaust routing.... the speed bumps don't  :angry:

CAM01112.jpg

Picked up a screw in the truck today..... shhhh don't tell my wife...

CAM01107.jpg

and here is a picture of my exhaust restriction....  might be able to run an external wastegate.... more research I must do yes...

CAM01111.jpg

What happened to the pic of this 320? ;)

I just realized my neighbor has a 64 320 sitting 50 yards away from my truck... couldn't tell what it was as its covered in junk :-(  gonna try to get a picture today.

We just spent a week at my in-laws' in Dead Bluff.... if only I had seen your location two weeks ago we could have had a little respite from the family and checked this beast out in person.

• Like 1

What happened to the pic of this 320? ;)

I just realized my neighbor has a 64 320 sitting 50 yards away from my truck... couldn't tell what it was as its covered in junk :-(  gonna try to get a picture today.

We just spent a week at my in-laws' in Dead Bluff.... if only I had seen your location two weeks ago we could have had a little respite from the family and checked this beast out in person.

Yea i need to ask the owner if i can jump the fence and snap a pic...   You can see the drivers side from head light to front of bed and the roof, thats about it.  I really want to ask him if he wants to sell it, but have no idea of its condition.

People that have been to dead bluff know why it has earned that name.. nothing to do but throw rocks at rocks.

Shit, if there's no posted signs you should be in the clear to hop the fence without risk of getting shot, right?  :lol:

Yeah, the husband grew up there, and over the past 11 years I've visited, and lived in the area enough to know that I can do with spending as little time there as possible.  Although my hometown up here in Eastern WA is pretty similar, so I feel your pain if you grew up there as well :)

Educated myself a little with PID (proportional integral derivative) algorithms yesterday.  Switched Wideband EGO correction from simple to PID.  I have some fine tuning to do but, there seems to be allot less hunting for the target AFR than while using % control authority and %controller step size.  should make tuning allot more accurate.  Just need to fix my heat soak problem with my Intake air temp sensor(nothing a front mount intercooler wont fix)...in the meantime i just tune while its reading 100+ so when im down in the 60s or 70s it's a little phat, never lean when making allot of stops around town.(the ecu sees the intake temps higher than they really are so it thinks "hotter air=less density=less required fuel")  Looking at a stainless header from stinger performance. It will mount the turbo at the center instead of the back of the head plus it clocks the mounting flange vertical allowing the turbo to be removed in under 15 minutes(stock manifold the turbo nuts are a real cocker spaniel)  I will have more room to run the 3 inch pipe and it has a provision for an external waste gate!!!!!!  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

rs232 bluetooth adapter ordered and bought my copy of shadow dash MS.  I will be able to send datalogs directly to website and analyze it from there.  Will be nice when it has tuning also but it's in the works :-)

CAM01142.jpg

now i just have to wait for it in the mail.......

• 3 weeks later...

bluetooth adapter works pretty good.  My old laptop gets glitchy above 10 reads per second and i have been averaging 20+ reads per second thru bluetooth.  They are still working on a few bugs but so far its great.

Tired of this hacked up bed(thanks to PO) and am very seriously thinking about building a nice flatbed for it.  probably be cheaper than buying and painting another un-molested bed.  Got some ideas for fabricating it but have more research to do.  Maybe i can make it wide enough to fit a yota axle........

• 3 weeks later...

Ok a yota axle 79-85 measures in at 55 while mine is 53+-?  So considering i have widened the front by about 1.25"+- per side and the yota wheels i was running almost touch the frame on the back, it should be a viable swap!!!  But for now i have my bed to work on....  So far i have $104 in 2" .120 cut to make a 5'4"x6' frame.

0221141757.jpg

0222141528.jpg

took it to a friends shop where we squared it up and tacked it in place.

0222141527.jpg

the top welds we decided to do now with the MIG so i would have less prep to get it ready for the cover plate.  And now it's back home getting assaulted with some 6013 tonight and in the morning :-)  so far my bed weighs roughly 118 pounds.....

• Like 1

Got another 85 pounds of material today..... now it just needs to stop raining!!!  2 4x8 sheets of 12g cut to 2' 8"x6' sections is gonna cost about $250....+$17 per sheet if i get it in diamond plate... may end up having to top it with wood instead..... :poop:

ok.... I understand the fact that we really need this rain..... but where was it all winter when I didn't have welding to do!?.... on the bright side, my wife went and got me Rocksmith 2014 edition!!!!  :devil:  :w00t:

0304141033.jpg

nelson says ha ha!

0304141512a.jpg

0304141512b.jpg

0304141513.jpg

0304141826b.jpg

0304141827a.jpg

room to run the 4 inch exhaust above the frame lmao

0304141827b.jpg

just waiting for some good weather so i can start welding it all together.  Looks like im going to have room for a spare between the frame and the bed :-)

0306141035.jpg

0306141035a.jpg

0306141035c.jpg

0306141211.jpg

0306141442.jpg

0306141852b.jpg

0306141853.jpg

I have two more mounts to make and than a shelf for the battery. there is plenty of room to mount it between the first 2 bed supports.  than im unbolting and welding the snot out of the thing.. Hope to be driving it again tomorrow  :-)  If anyone has a need for a completely molested and bondo infested stock bed let me know lol

Why not just get another stock bed. Way lighter. 

Never find a stock bed in good shape for the $150 in materials I've spent so far.  Bottom line is i need a bed i can use as i work my truck almost everyday(scrap, yard cleanup, taking kids bikes to park etc  Plus the wife had more trouble helping me lift the old bed than this one so im not sure yet on the weight.  All i know is i have bought almost 180 pounds of steel and used most of it.. we will know exactly what a stock bed weighs when i haul it off.    Finishing up gusset plates today

0310141655a.jpg

2,240 is my current unloaded weight.  going to be about 60 pounds heavier than the stock bed after its covered and few more in the headache rack

0308141824.jpg

0308141823b.jpg

0308141823.jpg

0308141822a.jpg

0308141822.jpg

working on the exhaust and plumbing in my 30 gallon fuel tank tool box.  thinking about running the vent from the stock tank into the big tank, and feed the stock tank by gravity.  I would have to run the return from the fuel rail into the top tank and cap off the filler neck on the stock one...  going to look into it some more.

Ok ill find out in the morning for sure.... but i think I'm finding out what turbo failure sounds like!!!!  I think i cracked the housing behind the wastegate flapper real bad, I can feel air pulses upstream from the O2 sensor bung(funny word of the day) at idle.  Worse case scenario ill have to run one of my spare ones  :confused:

Ok I think a broken exhaust hanger worked 2 of the turbo to manifold nuts loose and taking the weight of the pipe back off of the turbo fixes the other leak. easy fix i think.  going to work on using pieces from my 5" supertrapp on both ends of the 4" pipe to make one real big supertrapp muffler :-)

exhaust leak fixed.  don't remember when this thing ever spooled this fast.  couldnt really hear the leak over the exhaust until it got real bad.  plus.... we just caught "smokey" our cat peeing in the toilet lol today is gonna be a great day i think :thumbup: