Nothing "Special Vehicle Operations" SVO 521

svo521

Painting places the sun don't really shine.... Yet......     

20140809_164729.jpg

might not be running the hood for a bit if the f150 intake is too tall..... I have read that they have greater flow potential than any other efi 5.0 stock intake but we will have to wait and see :-)

• Like 1
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot my starter was lifetime warranty so it was free yay!  it was almost in 2 pieces when i removed it.

way easier to get at with the fender and intercooler removed

20140813_130449.jpg

now i just need to throw my new wheels on the front and get some gas money for the 16th!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

ok... current rear track width 64 inches.....front is about 62 inches....  thunderbird IRS with stock wheels is 66.5 inches.  these are all outside to outside measurements.  The ford trucks that these are often swapped into have frames that measure 34 inches wide.  Mine measures 40 inches.  this will put the front mounts closer to frame and back mounts inside of frame with coil hats centered on frame.   just brainstorming.

• 2 weeks later...

If an ITB manifold for a 302 uses 8 50mm throttle bodies and is supposed to be good for idle-7000 rpm.  than I see no problem cutting the upper truck plenum like 2 or three inches above the flange and having a plate welded on top to mount a pair of truck throttle bodies in line.  it would be 4 50mm throttle bodies.....

20140930_182705.jpg

imagine two of those in line with pod filters...polished to a shine of course....

20140930_172540.jpg

it will be a tight fit, but only having to run one of the TPS and raisng them up should give us enough room.  probably run it with stock intake for now and buy a second upper plenum just in case it fails in an epic way...

c6 tail housing with new seal and gasket for $30.  just gotta remove the tcase adapter and swap it out.

20141001_135720.jpg

than I just need a pre 70 water pump so i can use the same radiator (bottom hose exits wrong side currently)  looks like things will be ready for this weekend!!!

well I need a new column/steering gear box.  shaft bearings have completely lost their cages and I haven't been able to find a source for replacements.   Time to go find a smogger 620 in the wrecking yards.  funny thing is... they look alot like the bearings used in cheap bicycle hubs.  Anyone know of an idustrial bearing retailer in california?  other than that and having to completely reroute my wiring this swap is going well.  

cab back on.  need to finish up motor mounts and wire up the MS.  Gonna have to rewire the whole truck again so just gonna focus on wiring the engine up first and than wire the lights and stuff.  moving all the relays, hei module, map sensor etc into the cab to keep out of sight.  should be more presentable with the hood off than with the 2.3t

20141013_134928.jpg

20141014_130443.jpg

20141014_130244.jpg

20141014_130256.jpg

special thanks to my friend Kevin at KGI4x4 for helping me tackle this project. 

20141014_133113.jpg

passenger side and middle are tacked in place tomorrow we are finishing passenger side of fire wall...... there is talk of building the cage before I wire it up...... hmmmmmmmm

got parts to mount alternator on drivers side, and a NHRA approved shifter for a little slap shifting..

20141016_092324.jpg

20141016_132104.jpg

firewall almost done...

20141015_124320.jpg

truck has been down for 8 days now, driveline should be done by friday. if all goes well I will be able to start wiring on monday.