Nothing "Special Vehicle Operations" SVO 521

svo521

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, just got caught up on your thread and I have to say, well done so far. I'm with Jeff, I wanna see some numbers! And get those wheels painted. lol

moving to sacramento area in a few months so I'm gonna be allot closer to a dyno now.   The wheels. playing tug-o-war in my head with that...thinking about getting some eskies or titans for it instead of painting the other 2 steel wheels....the alignment shop scuffed the front two up when they alligned it also, so i kinda lost motivation on the painted wheels :-)

we will  see what happens.  better not tell  your wife. I might have to kick her ass.  lmao haha

sneeky wife making a Ratsun profile with daughters PS VITA... now you are definitely changing that tie rod on your own...... had me going for a second though..... now leave my build thread alone lmao 

Ok.... I have drawn the conclusion that the only easy way to run a 3 inch exhaust in this truck, is to make it fender exit.  I have ran it with only 3 feet of open pipe for about 6 months off and on with out being hassled by Tehama county law enforcement, so i could probably get away with it forever?  I'm thinking worse case scenario, if i get ticketed i can just add an electric cut out and a small out the back pipe.  Any thoughts on this would be helpful.  I know how much these engines like to breath after the turbo and i gotta have 3 inch exhaust to hit my power goals, but i have already destroyed 3 different 2 1/4 exhaust systems trying to get it right.  lmao 

It's kinda tight under the truck till you get past the cab, lots of room under the cross members, hardly any room above them, your not that low, you could just hang it below the cross members.

If you can get it on the otherside of the frame rail, there is a little room just behind the rockers, I suppose side pipes would look stupid, they look good on vettes.  :lol:

• Like 1

do a stack exhaust with flapper plate

lmao mind reader :thumbup: ...... already got the hole in the bed cut and my existing system shortened.  Gonna get the pieces for the stack and get it all mounted, than have the muffler shop build me a 3 inch downpipe and tie it in to the stack.  Now the critical decisions...  4 or 5 inch stack? and chrome or high temp black paint?  Man i love the sound of this thing with no muffler! sounds like a CAT.

• Like 1

lmao mind reader :thumbup: ...... already got the hole in the bed cut and my existing system shortened.  Gonna get the pieces for the stack and get it all mounted, than have the muffler shop build me a 3 inch downpipe and tie it in to the stack.  Now the critical decisions...  4 or 5 inch stack? and chrome or high temp black paint?  Man i love the sound of this thing with no muffler! sounds like a CAT.

3" should do but no bigger than 4"

I like the look of the chrome heat shield but i would have to have that around a straight thru pipe at least 3 inch.  I should be able to  get all the parts through fleetpride in redding.  I need to get some night time video...... I think it shot flames......  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :w00t:

How about just running it with some oval shaped pipe instead of standard round. Heck you could even transition it from 3" round to a rectangular section of tubing to get under the cross member then back to round till you get to the back of the truck. Nascar style!

gonna have to use an oval piece where  i go under the frame for sure.  Me and my buddy are going to build the pre stack section from mandrel bent stuff from summit.  Just gotta get the part i need from TEC to make a true 3 inch exhaust.  The stock ford piece holds the O2 sensor and the 2 bolt exhaust flange, but necks down to 2 inch.  Replacing this will also allow me more options as to where the exhaust gets routed.  No matter what... the pipe is never going to be routed over the rear axle again lol.  

CAM01043.jpg

got some parts today.......

CAM01053.jpg

5 feet of 4 inch pipe...

CAM01050.jpg

washed and wet sanded exterior of pipe(to remove oils)

CAM01051.jpg

and than wiped it down 2 times with rubbing alcohol to prepare it for this..

CAM01055.jpg

gonna wipe it down and coat it 2 more times in the morning :-)

CAM01056.jpg