Factory lite/roll bar?

Drazz100

My son found this about 8 months ago from a scrap guy who is his friend.It didn't fit my sons92 nissan 4x4 so he sold it.I posted and add for it on craigslist and the guy who has it has emailed me he will sell it.

Is this the factory roll/lite bar that was options on a nissan 4x4?

rollbar200.jpg

rollbar300.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just returned and tossed it in the back to see what it will look like.Guy tried to remove the NISSAN off the side bars so that will have get fixed once i have the rollbar all polished nicely again.

bottom of the bases have the word NISSAN etched into each one so it looks to be a factory original.

:)

rollbar200.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 years later...

I just ran across this old post trying to find info on a light bar I have on my truck.  The picture links are dead here...  who here knows any info on the aluminum factory light bar? What year range they came out...  Just how rare are they?

I've never seen another one..... just curious what they're worth.... 

Here's what I'm working with....  I hope this link thing works 

Mine weren't black like those as far as I know of.... they were just aluminum and the word Nissan was raised lettering made into the casting of the side pieces .... it's aluminum too because I sanded that smooth however each foot pad on the underside has Nissan carved into them.

Here's pics from the last time I had them off, when I was painting my truck and trying to get these cleaned up to put a new set of kc's on

https://www.imghippo.com/i/bPQqK1708227503.jpg

Paint does not stay on Aluminum long.Check out them tool boxes that are black.They look like crap after awhile.Aluminum is hard to clean.I have a tool box,but I chose not to put it back on my 720 after I had my truck painted..It is over 25 years old.Stainless steel is not good to paint either.

Worked at a place that had painted aluminum. There was a bright yellow primer on it first, not at all like red or gray car body primer. For SS try acid etching? or sand blasting then primer the surface first