Nor-cal Datsun Maxima 5 speed rwd for sale

Clean title

2nd owner, purchased from the original owners

Pink slip in hand

Fees paid for and Currently registered Non-Op

Rear wheel drive

motor is from a Datsun 240Z with around 80k miles

has N42 head for slightly raised compression

has power steering and A/C but pully needs to be switched out in order to hook the belts up

5 speed transmission is from a 1983 Datsun 280ZX 2+2

transmission is very strong shifts great

clutch grabs good

Interior is in pretty good condition no rips

power windows, door unlock and sunroof

tilt wheel

comes with full size spare and a smaller spare

just needs new keys and some tune up work it can run a bit rough at times

it has a few minor issues but once those are addressed you have a great driver or drift, race, bozo, or sleeper project

which is why im only asking $1000 or best offer which is REALLY CHEAP for a car like this, i see Cressidas go for twice as much in worse condition and those are WAY more common than the Datsun maxima so dont lowball me

if interested PM me

SAM_3550.jpg

SAM_3549.jpg

SAM_3552.jpg

SAM_3554.jpg

SAM_3556.jpg

SAM_3555.jpg

SAM_3531-1.jpg

SAM_3545.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a buddy who would probably love to pick this up but the engine swap kind of makes it hard to register and smog... lol. Any way to get this to pass smog and inspection?

The engine is swapped but these came stock with a L24E same as 240z except it is fuel injected so that shouldnt be a problem with smog

Sent you a PM, I'd love to have the pedal assembly, clutch master, hard lines and if possible slave and soft lines. Let me know if you want to part with these items.

thanks

x2

Horrible that some people will go out and abuse a car they're trying to sell.. :no:

Still looks like a clean enough shell for an RB swap.

I didnt see anyone that seriously wanted to buy it so i let my friend use it to teach his girl how to drive stick, one of them obviously cant drive cause it never made it back running. Dont just assume I was abusing the car just cause the motor blew, i have a suspended license plus more the last thing im trying to do is drive around crazy messing up cars. Yes it was my fault for not going with them to make sure they didnt fuck things up and that was my mistake, but because of that i get to keep my 5 speed tranny which i was reluctant to sell with this car anyway and whoever buys it has a car ready for a swap no dealing with the old motor AND at half the price cause i need it to go i already have a Maxima i dont need two.

• Like 1

What exactly are you leaving in it I got 2 spare L28's laying around and would love to have just need to know what it's gonna be missing!

Im only taking the engine and 5 speed stuff. Im gonna put the auto pedals in it and leave all the wiring n whatnot. Everything else will come with the car

I didnt see anyone that seriously wanted to buy it so i let my friend use it to teach his girl how to drive stick, one of them obviously cant drive cause it never made it back running. Dont just assume I was abusing the car just cause the motor blew, i have a suspended license plus more the last thing im trying to do is drive around crazy messing up cars. Yes it was my fault for not going with them to make sure they didnt fuck things up and that was my mistake, but because of that i get to keep my 5 speed tranny which i was reluctant to sell with this car anyway and whoever buys it has a car ready for a swap no dealing with the old motor AND at half the price cause i need it to go i already have a Maxima i dont need two.

My bad. I have known of people who would go out and thrash on a car that they didn't plan on having much longer. It's a lack of respect, which sounds like your buddy and his girlfriend have. When I taught my girl how to drive stick, she stalled the car a bunch of times, but never did anything close to blowing up the engine. I would have loved to have bought this, hopefully someone does; it's a sweet ride.

My bad. I have known of people who would go out and thrash on a car that they didn't plan on having much longer. It's a lack of respect, which sounds like your buddy and his girlfriend have. When I taught my girl how to drive stick, she stalled the car a bunch of times, but never did anything close to blowing up the engine. I would have loved to have bought this, hopefully someone does; it's a sweet ride.

Yeah thats why i dont let anyone drive my build Maxima without me in the passenger seat if they even get the chance to drive it hah.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.