Drag Wag.

Filthy_

interested to see the triangulated..... i layed under my goon for two strait days trying to make a triangulated or a wishbone work and it would fit but nothing else would....i was dead set taking the exhaust under the axle and and triangulated just never fit....well it fit with the exhaust and everything but it wasnt geometerically sound...went back to the panhard rod idea... front mounts almost done...then i can finish m y links

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

739626FD-BAD0-40E0-86B9-6BAD45F57498-381

Not much to update, the rear end is coming together, just waiting on the axles. Haven't been in the shop at all recently, just getting finished with my second shoulder surgery... 

Waiting on some adapters for my other wagon, thinking about lowering it a little more, but i dont' know if these wheels I found are going to fit, I'll post a pic soon.

I'm hoping that by the time I can use my right arm again, The rear axle will be finished and I can get down to business on the rear end.

Why did you go with MacPherson struts over double A-arms? Along with the crossmember, is that some kind of kit you by for a 510 or is all of that custom made? It seems like with the amount of fab put into this dime you could have taken it just a step further instead of dealing with mid-corner varying camber angles. /handling_weenie

Different strokes for different folks, It's just a street car. Using the 280zx ones narrows the track a bit, and are easy to build. They also make it pretty easy to modify ride height. The x-member I sourced from mckinney. Does a perfect job, and is affordable, it's basically the stock setup, poly bushings.

interested to see the triangulated..... i layed under my goon for two strait days trying to make a triangulated or a wishbone work and it would fit but nothing else would....i was dead set taking the exhaust under the axle and and triangulated just never fit....well it fit with the exhaust and everything but it wasnt geometerically sound...went back to the panhard rod idea... front mounts almost done...then i can finish m y links

I dunno man, I'm not fully positive how it's going to play out, but it has to... hopefully soon.

• 4 weeks later...
what is the dimension specs on the rear end? width wms to wms, axles length etc...

I don't have it off the top of my head, it's in my notebook at the shop, and the housing is stamped with the axle length. If you're interested in that info I can retrieve it for you.

74268223-7E97-4FB6-B3C0-45A923FB8DFE-515

So this happened.

028FD01C-649B-43B2-BC2B-3DCC643E7C5B-515

It's rubbing like a son of a bitch, I can't even get it anywhere near axle center, but the width is there.

95DA7925-0A0E-402D-9E0F-66BBA0612CE5-515

Not a lot more to do besides chop out the floor and make some magic happen.

B3358E2C-99D6-4CCD-BC96-A05F95751019-515

I have another 510 wagon that I was using as my driver that I just traded to a friend for work on the car. He's going to help me with the rear suspension and i'm going to help him build a cage in the car, exciting.

DA9072B3-5ECF-4949-B6C7-5208B6650EC8-515

Picked up a 38mm Tial and a v-band for my turbo.

0DBA0733-537B-4ADF-BA4F-BF555E44FC3B-515

Also, pretty sweet come up on an Elephant oil cap that was on my other wagon, I don't fully know what the deal is with them, but they are rare, off of old datsun s30's and it fits the sr20. Nice little detail.

yes that info would be greatly appreciated and a cost estimate of the rear end because i may be starting a "drag wag" project soon.... are you going to throw a couple spacers on and see if you would be able to keep from chopping the frame rails or was it in the plan to cut it up anyway?

yes that info would be greatly appreciated and a cost estimate of the rear end because i may be starting a "drag wag" project soon.... are you going to throw a couple spacers on and see if you would be able to keep from chopping the frame rails or was it in the plan to cut it up anyway?

It's the plan to back half it with subframe connectors, and airbag the car. The entire cost of everything came out to 1100, but that includes the narrowed housing, custom made dutchman axles, new pads, new shoes (e-brake) and new rotors.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry man, I haven't gotten those specs for you, today was the first time i've gone to the shop in 2 weeks, had to go to London. Death in the family.

minuscule progress, dropped off my manifold, turbo, and wastegate to get all welded and flanged up.

5AD5612A-8A4F-40D0-8C17-7BC633CD0B98-282

Cut out the bullshit and made some room to breath, also accessed the front part of the frame which should make for easy mounting of the intercooler. Also made room for the piping through the body.

0858DB37-708E-4195-994F-070BA436B02A-282

Just held in with bunjies.

54AED068-357C-48F2-8C26-42E82F8A865D-282

pretty rad, it all fits under the stock grill, need to too some more work on the valence, and paint it white.

98C6DC05-75B0-4AA8-B5A6-826B996AD508-282

325C06F5-577E-4DD2-93C6-A7C0A9D527F5-282

had a slight issue with the water neck alignment.

C648499F-47C9-4421-A327-31E3A25E12AB-282

but it's all good.
  • 3 weeks later...