Crager S/S in a 14"? Rare Zona Texan (Texas) rims

fisch

Part 1- Always a fan of the ol skool, been thinking about Torq Thrusts and their Crager S/S counterpart for a dime. I know the Crager S/S came in a 4-lug but seem to only see 13" sizes. Did they ever come in a 14"?

Part 2- Would 13" rims fit on a dime with a maxima front strut swap. (I read they wont clear the caliper on ZX struts, are Maxima the same size.)

In this vein, I think an even cooler rim than the 4-spoke Crager is a wheel I have only seen called the Zona (Texas) Texan on Ratdat. (I also know there is a Bridgestone Zona which is a different wheel all together.) Anyone know or have seen these 5-spoke Zonas? Wonder if they came in a 14"?

Ideally I'd love a 5 spoke torq style rim in a 4-lug pattern. Did anyone else make them?

Crager s/s in a 13X8! Pretty cool!

crager-s_s.jpg

crager-s_s_3.jpg

Zona texas (Texan)

zona04texas.jpg

And 'if only' check out these Crager S/S in a 12" for a golf cart. Pretty bitchin with the lo-pro tires! Did Datsun ever make a car with a 12" rim?

038-9-391F.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mornin' fisch, I have '84 Maxima goon struts on my 710 and no way the stock 13" rim will fit it. I was lucky to be given (thanks Jason) another 710 goon for parts and all I had to do was drive it home from Vancouver. It had some14" '82 200sx factory mags on it and they work really well and clear the large rotor..

Wow, Cragar SS how early 60s.

Super cool. I remember we had a member named OpelGT who sold his 1200, and it had 13X7 cragers in the rear. Such a bitchin 12hundy. Do wish they made these cragers in a 14!

IMG_9267.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

Fisch, I've got these 13" Keystones, I'll attempt a bolt up to my 83 Maxima if it would help you. They are likely the same dimension as the Cragers. I've always wanted to mount them to the wagon, but have never gotten around to it.

060211keystones057.jpg

Fisch, I've got these 13" Keystones, I'll attempt a bolt up to my 83 Maxima if it would help you. They are likely the same dimension as the Cragers. I've always wanted to mount them to the wagon, but have never gotten around to it.

060211keystones057.jpg

I'd be super curious Hitch. Bitchin' Keystones you have there!

[...] It had some14" '82 200sx factory mags on it and they work really well and clear the large rotor..

I found that I had to add a 1/4 inch spacer for maximum clearance with those same wheels. Just a little bind at the upper part of the strut where the tires had been rubbing. I have Falken Ziex 912s 195 60 R14s.

And fisch, I have to agree with you: The old school look is very nice. Some raised white letter tires and a bit of a rake really set a good tone for a build like that :thumbup: !

060211keystones057.jpg

Hey! I always wondered what those would look like all polished out.

I believe I have two, one with a broken center where the center cap mounts.

I snagged them at the Junkyard off a late 70's 210 a few years back... never saw one polished out. Maybe I'll get bored and clean mine up and hang it on the wall or somethin'.

• 1 month later...

So I went to the source and wrote Cragar to ask if they made these 4-spoke S/S in a 14". The guy that wrote me back said "I have been told there was a 14" back in the day but I myself have never seen them. I have only seen and sold the 13" wheels."

I wrote back and asked if it were just rumored in the company or if they know for sure. I also asked if there were plans to bring them back. The answer was, "I cannot get anyone to very that they were built that still works here. I have been selling them since 1984 and have never seen a 14" set. At this time we are not planning on making them again."

So, no closer to knowing, but hints that the white whale might be out there!

Ive been checking with all my old muscle car buddies. Every one of us seems to remember seeing a 4 lug Mustang running these years back. I cant imagine they were 13's...15s maybe? Ive been looking for an hour now,and cant find a mention of a 14" 4 lug S/S mag anywhere.Hard to believe.Ill keep looking,best idea might be a 4 to 5 lug adapter...but I dont think 5 spoke ss would look "right" on a smallish car.

How about some REALLY rare wheels... 8 spoke torque thrusts.

85df6976.jpg

Woah! i have never seen those and I have looked at many many many torque thrusts! What size are they?