Vancouver Meet'n'Eat - Pied Piper's Pizza, Friday, 7pm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only grabbed a couple pictures but I'll get them loaded here soon. I am really happy with the turnout. I honestly was only expecting maybe five or six people to show up, but I think we had somewhere between 15 and 20 people come in and out through the course of the night.

Flatcat, it was great having beers with you, although I do reserve the right to give you a birthday kick in the nuts in exchange for a good beer at a later date.

RedBanner, your dad is a neat guy. I'm glad I got to finally meet both of you as well.

Wayno, beautiful 520(?). Makes me want to find a king cab all the more some time (because I learned via Skib's truck that I simply don't fit inside a standard cab. tongue.gif).

There were quite a few more people I met, but I know I'm getting the screen names mixed up. But I'm sure names will stick to faces the more over time.

I think it would be pretty neat if this became a one a month thing. NorthwestZ does their meetings on ever first Wednesday at the same spot which makes it easy for people to sort of space out and just show up. If we did something like every last Friday and either had an idea where we'd meet at in advance, or came up with a common location, it'd probably work pretty smoothly. So thank you all for coming and hanging out.

Quote of the night "Geez Hardwyre, you're right, you're not funny at all without the internet." dammit! I promise I'll get better! :P

DSC09172.jpg

"Your distributor seems to have fallen off." Lololololol.

I do like my engine. :) Glad I was able to get rid of a bunch of the parts on it when I upgraded to the Megasquirt ECU.

Ill be in PDX next weekend so I may be able to make it if you do.

got some parts to pick up, some to drop off,

and an L20B bottom end to build so well see if I have time.

I think that warrants a party, not just a greet'n'eat. Anyone have a house we can utilize?

Nice cruise up 205...good test run and even better to meet some people!

Yeah names...whatever. Cars I can remember.:) Good times! Love seeing everybody's hard work, in person.

Agreed. Men rarely need to know other men's names since we're all willing to answer to grunts in our general direction. They might not always be the prettiest things on the road, but at least we can do almost all of our own wrenching on them. :)

After Maud, Ashley (Imma call her "NoDatsunGirl"), and I left, we ran down to Mill Plain real quick. Some Justin Bieber looking dude/chick in a 6th gen black Accord kept trying to race me. V6 accord, so not only was it significantly newer than me, it had more displacement and power than I did (3.0L @ 240 horse vs my 2.8L at 170 horse). And it just kept at it for four or five lights. Line up with me, then bolt, then line up again, then bolt... not it off fucktard. I looked at Maud when we stopped and said "Seriously, what would I have had to gain there? If I won it would be OoooOOOhh look I beat an Accord, and if I lost, it would be fuck, I got beat by an Accord. Absolutely ZERO reason for me to downshift.

Hmm... shit I must be getting old. Or it could be that Mill Plain is cop central.

Oh no.

Hold on.

That was Muad's beer I was drinking.

You're welcome for the quote.

:lol:

The chauvinists was my favorite.

Oh that's right, you didn't have any of mine. But hey, I still reserve the offer of buying you a birthday beer and a nut kick. >:D

What was the chauvinist?

Oh that's right, you didn't have any of mine. But hey, I still reserve the offer of buying you a birthday beer and a nut kick. >:D

What was the chauvinist?

When you said Ashley thought we were a batch of chauvinist.

Well, if she would stop leaving the kitchen, she'd have no clue if we were or not.

:lol:

I had a good time though.

I have a group of guys up here that meet up every couple of months.

But it's never like this. It's more staring and walking around.

Thanks for having me out.

I took a few, but these are the only good ones.:(

IMAG1271-1.jpg

IMAG1272.jpg

IMAG1274.jpg

The only complaint about that place really was the lack of parking....:o A place with a bigger lot...so we can claim a section would be cool.:)

Had a funny ride home....cruise buy this late 70's big ass boat car crossing back to Oregon on the 205 (Horns on the hood).

He punches it to catch up....CAN YOU SAY SMOKE CLOUD.....a nice solid trail of smoke as far back as I could see. :rofl:

I think that warrants a party, not just a greet'n'eat. Anyone have a house we can utilize?

I have a conflict on the 3rd, but I could host something on the 4th. Even if I am slightly out of the way.

After Maud, Ashley (Imma call her "NoDatsunGirl"), and I left, we ran down to Mill Plain real quick. Some Justin Bieber looking dude/chick in a 6th gen black Accord kept trying to race me. V6 accord, so not only was it significantly newer than me, it had more displacement and power than I did (3.0L @ 240 horse vs my 2.8L at 170 horse). And it just kept at it for four or five lights. Line up with me, then bolt, then line up again, then bolt... not it off fucktard. I looked at Maud when we stopped and said "Seriously, what would I have had to gain there? If I won it would be OoooOOOhh look I beat an Accord, and if I lost, it would be fuck, I got beat by an Accord. Absolutely ZERO reason for me to downshift.

Hmm... shit I must be getting old. Or it could be that Mill Plain is cop central.

I was laughing at the entire situation, as he ignores the my car completely, and only has eyes for the classic 'sports' car. And I was with you, an accord isn't worth my time, especialy not on a cop infested highway.