NOOB 620 and thanks

seaballs

Just wanted to say hey, and thank all of you for the great advice and tech knowledge you guys have already provided without even knowing it. Bought my kid (Gibby) a '72 521 about a month ago. He got me infected with the Datto Disease. Nothin better than working on the rig with your kid! Sold my newer truck, which I couldn't even do a tune-up on (that pissed me off) and got myself a KC. Didn't have it a day before I started workin on stuff.. Here are a few pics. Thanks again guys! I'm sure I'll have plenty of NOOB questions to come. Just remember I grew up a Muscle car guy. OH....the inspiration for this truck came from cruisin around as a kid with my Gramps in his '76 long bed. All I have to do is get in this thing and it takes me back 35 years. Afraid to redo the interior just in case the smell goes away, we'll see. Thanks again.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/seaballs/exterior.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/seaballs/interior.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/seaballs/eginebay.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a frame off resto on the body. Was pretty rusted. 85k ariginal miles as far as I know. One family truck. Waitin on seals from dat620 for the 1/4 windows. Threw some plexi in there to get me through the rainy weekend. Interior is mostly original. Replaced the ignition/column cover and I have a new gauge bezel to put in.

It's a '78. Really battled with getting it due to all the smog crap on it and the lovely state of California. but, if you want a KC you have to deal with the smog checks. Working on a FI system or a swap? KA24DE sounds like the answer? Not sure if I like the way they sit in the engine bay, or if I want to get rid of the original engine. I think an FI system on this engine would be the answer I like best, but interested in any info from guys who have done the swap. 2edeYe? Is that a KA in one of your KC's?

It's a '78. Really battled with getting it due to all the smog crap on it and the lovely state of California. but, if you want a KC you have to deal with the smog checks. Working on a FI system or a swap? KA24DE sounds like the answer? Not sure if I like the way they sit in the engine bay, or if I want to get rid of the original engine. I think an FI system on this engine would be the answer I like best, but interested in any info from guys who have done the swap. 2edeYe? Is that a KA in one of your KC's?

Swapping an FI system makes it fail visual here in Az.

If that's the case here too, I'll more than likely do a KA swap sooner than later. Gibby will be happy. His mom has already said "that's great, you can just put your motor in gibby's truck without all the smog stuff". Some how the kids always make out with my money! It'll be a great project to for both of us though. The time together is really great. I think he likes seeing me make mistakes as we go too.:rolleyes: