GAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! HELP!!!!

Siqx20

What the fuuuucckkkk!!!!! Ok so I have been beating the holy jesus out of this lower control arm bolt. Can't get the damn thing to rotate or budge. Been soaking it in rust solvent. Then beat the fuck out of it some more.

From the looks of it looks like its a metal sleeve inside a bushing. And the bolt is completely seized in the sleeve.

So how can I get this bitch out?? The other one came out super easy.

1321823162584.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the threads are fucked up now so you'll have to replace the pin. The problem isn't so much the rust but that the metal sleeve the pin is in, is rubber surrounded. When you pound on it the rubber absorbs the blows.

Can you get a shim in there on the left side so it can't move?

I have luck with putting the nut on so its out just past the head of the bolt, and hitting bothe the head of the bolt and the nut at the same time with a hammer, like you where trying to squish it, hut it hard a couple times and give it a shot. Good luck man.

Was gonna replace it anyway. No need for them as I wont have torsion rods anymore. So I was gonna pit a normal bolt with a hew head on there. Since I will be having to remove them and put them back ib several times while mocking up my front bags.

What the fuuuucckkkk!!!!! Ok so I have been beating the holy jesus out of this lower control arm bolt. Can't get the damn thing to rotate or budge. Been soaking it in rust solvent. Then beat the fuck out of it some more.

From the looks of it looks like its a metal sleeve inside a bushing. And the bolt is completely seized in the sleeve.

So how can I get this bitch out?? The other one came out super easy.

1321823162584.jpg

Some u-shaped body shims crammed in to eliminate flex as Mike suggested, and lose the deadblow. They have their place~ and this is not it. If yer gonna do much of this kinda work find yourself a 2-3# brass hammer, and putting a nut on the threads to protect them would've been prudent as well.... Once it's loose your better file off those buggered up threads so they'll pass thru the bushing unobstructed

From here on in your greatest tool will be patience....

Guest kamakazi620

Well once its broke loose I will just cut the end of the bolt off to get past the Knakkered up threads lol

Naw man Sawzall the threads off from the inside of the control arm then use a Big ass flathead screw driver to pry it on the bolt head I had the same thing with my 620,Skib posted a thread but i cant find it

I have luck with putting the nut on so its out just past the head of the bolt, and hitting bothe the head of the bolt and the nut at the same time with a hammer, like you where trying to squish it, hut it hard a couple times and give it a shot. Good luck man.

Try this?