Steroid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I talked to Kumar yesterday. I am concerned as close as the run is coming up on it happening. I'll need help from a lot of You guys this year. There are some changes within SWDP recently that are not positive. I can not be the only one doing a 2 or 3 day run alone. If things don't get ironed out soon, I will have to opt on a one day event once again at the same park as before. Let's see how this looks by June 1st.

I talked to Kumar yesterday. I am concerned as close as the run is coming up on it happening. I'll need help from a lot of You guys this year. There are some changes within SWDP recently that are not positive. I can not be the only one doing a 2 or 3 day run alone. If things don't get ironed out soon, I will have to opt on a one day event once again at the same park as before. Let's see how this looks by June 1st.

I know I'm not in your club, but what kind of help do you need to pull this event off?

Thank You for Your comments. First and foremost, the rooms need to fully sold for Friday and Saturday nights. There are 8 left. I have been confidant that these would be sold but realistically, Kumar sees this as not enough. He can sell just as many rooms most weekends to the general public and I see His point. For the event to happen on His property they must be sold, and SOON. I started mentioning this the end of last year so there should be no reason that they are all not sold as of today.

My next issue is t-shirt production and sales. This is a HUGE burden each year on Me. I have not done it for a profit purpose but that We would have collectable momentos to look at reminding Us of Our special day. I have not yet contacted a t-shirt printing company and actually would like to "pass the torch" off to someone else this year. Maybe one of You has the time and talent to do them. I would be very happy to have anyone else take care of this project and if You make a profit from it, that is OK. I am not an artist and except for this years design, have run out of ideas for future years. I do want artwork with trucks sitting around the Wigwams to be the general focus as well as 5th Anniversary on the left front. Anyone that might want to consider helping with this project please contact Me.

Finally is the issue of live bands. One each night would be very cool and I am hoping that this will happen but this takes Us right back to the first issue, room sales. We (SWDP) can not iron this out if We have to move at the last minute back to Martin Tudor Park for a one day event. Are any of You guys from out of the area thinking about coming? Please keep in mind that one of Us can pickup and drop off any of You considering on flying into or out of Ontario Airport. Remember that Your card will NOT BE CHARGED until You arrive. I can do nothing but hope that the remaining 8 rooms are booked by June 1st.

Booked my rooms with Kumar and talked with him about this Event and he is Stoked on it!! So all ya Ratsuners get going and make your plans and book the the last few rooms and let's get this thing Happening!! This will be a Great weekend of Music and Datsuns and friends!! Come one!! Come all!!! See ya there!!!

i hope we get all rooms sold out cuz i really would like to do a 3-day event instead of a 1-day event. i am looking forward to spend time with SDWP club members for 3 days and get a chance to sleep in a T-P

Ok we need to step it up and get this thing going!!! If you are coming and haven't booked a room Please Do!! And let's sound off all of you that are coming!! Derek 74 Datsun Walk Thru 70's Style Custom!! That's Me!!! Let's Blow this thing up and envite your friends to come and see what this Datsun thing is all about!!!

This will be a Great show so get your friends and your Datsuns ready and let's make this the Event of the year!! Mike has made this one of the Premier shows of the year and lets see if we can top them all with this one,Piease come out and celebrate a Get Together like the old days of Truckin and Party with your Datsun Buddies!! Let's Make It Happen!!!!

i talked to a fellow 521 datsun owner down in tucson and he wants to goto SWDP BBQ this year as well and also told me and tom's painter cuz he has a 620 that he got from tom about bbq.

Everyone should come by and visit this event, I'll have my "El Tiki Diablo " out there and there will be a grip of cool 620's and other Datsuns to boot. Come out n chill for a bit and meet some new people and check out the rides. Here is my project as of today -- We will be there!

backfrompaint.jpg

Excellent ! ! Looks great ! ! Are You feeling better ?

Yeha, much better, thank you. I should be back to work on the 18th so I have a week to hump it on my truck (as much as I am able anyway!) I can't wait to roll in this thing again.