Rustina510 wagoon

Haha! That's bad news for the guy that was going to buy your L20B (me), but my L18 is running better too, so I think I'll rock it for a while. I'm convinced that I can coax some more power out of it. Nice work man!

I made a L19, put 87mm 280zx flat tops in my L18, runs like a raped ape. I like L18's, they rev well. My exhaust limits my motor I am pretty sure, it just runs out of breath too early.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well If you havnt done it yet. Open up the exhaust to 2" all the way through it.

You wouldn't even need the header, it really gave the motor some breathing hp and the sound... Oh the sound is so cool compared to the old dusty 1" exhaust system.

Like I said before. With this being a small family and work daily driver, it has all the hp it needs now and I love the new sound, it isn't loud, it's just cool sounding.

I made a L19, put 87mm 280zx flat tops in my L18, runs like a raped ape. I like L18's, they rev well. My exhaust limits my motor I am pretty sure, it just runs out of breath too early.

Is a raped ape a good thing or a bad thing?

No wonder that tranny is going dead on you. Maybe you could sale that l19 to silky. You have that ca18.

Get that starte already :devil:

yea... I need to focus on that, but I keep doing things to my car. Lately I got annoyed with the squeaks of the suspension. New bushing time...

Hmmm that would be some good power with my 4dr it sounds like. With the auto drivetrain losses, maybe I could tame that beast into a great engine. Over the last fiew hours I have dreaming up some custom work to fit something in the 4dr, but that would be a viable option as well. If I go that route, I wont be able to custom mill my own parts for the swap though hmmm

Well, my car runs like the ape is being constantly raped. Actually, it's not that bad, but the PO really didn't do me any favors. I have the recipe for performance (L18, unconfirmed closed chambered A87 head, dual Mikuni 40s, early exhaust manifold, and 2 1/4 exhaust), but it still runs like doodoo ( :poop: ). I need to run a compression test, because I'm not getting as much suction from the venturi at cylinder #1. Pretty soon I'm going to tear off the head for a new gasket and hopefully find out what the problem is as well as confirm whether or not I'm running a peanut.

So I cut out these cup holders from this little console and used a fiber plastic bonding glue to attack them to the new center console.

d21aa986.jpg

895075d0.jpg

Now I am using a hard foam to mold it all into a nice looking single peice and once that is cured it will be primed, then I'll lay 5-6 layers of fiber glass over it to make it solid and hard. Then I will glass the fiberglass and paint it satin black.

More pics to come

• Like 1

Got the foam mostly set and curing. It doesn't get as hard as I would like but it's sand and paintable so that will stiffen it up for the fiberglass matting.

Not sure what to do for the shifter hole yet, but te cup holders should come out really nice. Once I get it all dialed in I'm going to have a buddy of mine make a mold so these should actually be for sale for all Datsun 510's here in a few months.

Includes iPod mounted and powered dock. Optional gage cluster, console arm rest / container, shifter boot. Heater vent with closable and directional vents... Optional power window switches. And it will be perfectly footed for the 510 on order. My buddy also said he can mold them in 17 different colors ;)

Decided to tare down my center console and start over. Made a design that I like alot better and I think will really tie into the dash and the new door panels I'm creating.

I'm working on power windows too. Looks easy to mount the motors and run the switches bitches

• 2 weeks later...

So I made some progress today on the center console and I took some pics.

This is a cup holder I was using in place pma center console

1ce9983b.jpg

I cut out the cup holders and plastic fiber bonded them to a center console skeleton I got from rotary 510. Thx Eddie

13e909ec.jpg

After that I used a very hard drying insulation expansion foam to make it super solid and more resistant to vibration and help to kill the sound a little

5817e48e.jpg

Cut it down and sanded Otto the shape I wanted. Then cleaned the shit out of it and primed it.

2f0fb6ca.jpg

After the prime I got a roll of speaker box stretch fabric and the etched it over the skeleton.

Made sure their where no wrinkles

c7184cd6.jpg

ed629159.jpg

After that was all fastened and wrinkle free I put a thick ass layer of fiberglass resin and hardner over the whole thing

738e0a68.jpg

After that cures in a couple days I'll then place 6 thin layers f fiberglass over it to make it hard and strong.

After that is cured I'll measure out the sections for the iPod doc, heater vents, gps system, shifter boot

Then I'll glass the whole thing to make it super smooth and paint it satin black to go with all the switches bitches.

• 2 weeks later...