72 4 dr 510

So I bought my first 510 finally and figured i will do a build thread. Its a pretty straight rust free car that is going to be transformed into a daily driver/ weekend killer. Have a dual cam KA24 that is getting a rebuild with upped compression and JWT cams/springs, port and polish head with 5 angle valve job with GSXR 1300 itbs and megasquirt. Picked up a JAZ 15 gallon fuel cell today and fuel pump. Going with 300zx brakes with porsche 924 brembo calipers F/R (4 pot F/R) and adjustable T/C arms and control arms built by me. Should be pretty nasty and just found out you have to get a photobucket account to post pics so I will do that and post pics once i figure it out. Any info would be great on anything.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I can't get my pics to upload I will have to figure this photobucket thing out. It is a yellow one but i picked it up outside Tracy CA, little road trip. If anyone can help with posting pics that would be great I just uploaded all the pics but only show up as the red x you she above. I pretty much finished sanding the floors and when I get off work i'm going to Por 15 them and some Dynamat. Just need to build some small bracets for the Recaro BMW seats. Hope to get the cross member fliped next week and pick the motor up, put it in the house and take it down and send it to Mot Machine here in town and get what needs to be turned,honed,milled done. Going to port/polish head myself i've done couple sets of VW heads with+ outcome. Looking into some cams if anyone has some suggestions on what works for a DD. Hope to figure out pics.

Have a dual cam KA24 that is getting a rebuild with upped compression and JWT cams/springs, port and polish head with 5 angle valve job with GSXR 1300 itbs and megasquirt.

SCHWIIINNG ! !

Can't WAIT for this build!

Im building a SOHC KA with R1 carbs. I like the way you think. :) I think I'm getting my cam from O&J Performance. Great prices. And I'm all about a budget.

;)

when you do your soundproofing, buy some fatmat off ebay. their 50 sq ft roll is like $70. the same sq ft in dynamat is over $200.

fatmat works great and in my opinion, lays out better and sticks better ;)

Good call just orderd 100' for $149 with free shipping. Nice heads up, Thanks.:D

Going to work on moving her to the garage today. Not going to be easy but just bought 5 metal shelfs at Costco to get all my shit organized. My Karmann Ghia is going to be a little jelous that she got moved to the back burner for some rice car, lol. Have some new pics up today of the floor progress with the rust removal.

So I sanded the floors and used some Evapo Rust on them as well and that shit is amazing, completely took them to bare shiny datsun metal. Also puchased the ford EDIS ignition with some BMW 328 recaros at pick and pull. So im talking to a local machine shop and sounds like they will put full counterweights on the KA crank for good price. That will make the KA good for another 1000 rpms baby. Got my garage clean and going to start fab work on crossmember and also going to do front suspension while motor is off being machined. Going to make my own adjustable LCAs with FK hiems and going to do my own TC bars using dirt track swedge bars and FK hiems and new ball joints. looking into R&P steering any info on what has worked would be great. Sounds like the mr2 is the one to do, Electric steering is also an option. Does anybody know of a good sway bar? B210 brake booster should clear KA swap I hope, found one also at pick-n-pull for $20.00. Have to go to work and when I'm back the Datsun will be in the garage. Heres some pics!! :D

<a%20href=iphonepics014.jpg">

<a%20href=iphonepics013.jpg">

<a%20href=iphonepics015.jpg">

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...