72 4 dr 510

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so surgury went well but not really able to use my right hand, so I have a two month vacation and not really able to enjoy it. So the KA is apart and is being sent to Auggie here in in Sparks which is a motor machine god. Sendin the crank also to So Cal to get it fully counterweighted then Auggie is going to knife it and do the the full balance with full motor. So far I have a set of BC pro rods, Jim Wolf stage 1 cams with adjustable gears 90mm forged wiesco pistons, and total seal rings. Decided to ditch the NA ITB KA to go T03/04 turbo and went with a Turbonetics. One question I have is if it is possible to run a B210 brake booster w/ a turbo set up with most likley a custom exhaust mani? Seems to me to be pretty tight. Anyways with the head fully port/polished and a Jim Wolf ECU hope to make around 250/280hp at around 12lbs of boost. Also thinking of taking a trip down to SF and get the crank,rods,cams, pistons,valves, and buckets, and maybe the block cryoed, any input much appreciated on that as i have heard good and bad but alot more good. Want to drive this car at lease 70% of my normal driving and cruse it in Hot Augest Nights, don't really ever see love for the Datsuns in that week. Also looking into a D21 2WD trans due to the lenght to slap behind it and have that gone through and gears and shafts cryoed too. Bummer the 5th is so tall and aftermarket gears are outragest, like $2800 from what I found. If someone has a secret tranny set up please enlighten me! Now to the car, I currently have half of it sanded to bare metal an have only found alittle bondo in the rear tailight panel, pretty damn good car otherwise, YAAAAAA. Removing the stock heater and putting in a Summit heater that will fit up under the dash and clean it up in that area of the floor thus allowing me to elongate the radio bezel to put in a App radio screen. I love my music and already have Rainbow componets and a sad but true the heavy JL Audio W7 10'' that is well if you have heard one then you know. Also purchased a 15gal fuel cell so im going to be selling my tank that is clean. I have alot of ideas to do with the 510 and sorry for the long reading. The 280zx struts with 300zx hubs and Q45 rotors and Porsche 944 Turbo calipers are actully going to work so im going to put the matching rear 944 calipers on the rear which sould be perfect with a inline in cab proportioner and running Sentra SE-R rotors out back. Also with playing with VW's and off road cars IRS is not that hard to do. Toyota Paseo R&P will fit perfect and now you have power steering. all of this will be pictured and explained when the finger can do work again. Pretty much alot of money and fab but that what i've been doing for quite some time and a welder and plasma cutter is your best friend. More to come.