Just found another way for the local GOV to rape my wallet

I thought I'd share, since it's Datto related and total bullshit dry.gif

Went to register the 620 at the local tag office today. Went with bill of sale, title, and insurance card in hand. Girl at the counter asked me to fill in a few spots and one in particular was date of purchase. No biggie right?

Well my derp self put in a 10 as the day instead of the 12th, and had to scribble the 0 into a 2 (no biggie right?) Then she informed be because of that there was a $10 alteration fee. And no I'm not kidding. Her supervisor was breathing down her throat expecting me to go ape shit over it. Normally, I would have probably made a big deal, but since it was my fault and since the tag office is also the local police station, I just payed it.

But seriously.... the City is charging alteration fees on it now? WTF. Bunch of broke high way robbers..... Girl at the counter mentioned it was put into effect in June of this year.

When I registered the 210 two years ago, it cost me $22 to register it as an antique, including tax's. A year later I go to register it and they want to charge $65 to get an antique plate (costs more then the registration alone!) And now the broke corrupt money filthy government has found another way to sucker another $10 out of my wallet.

Of course, i should have known better then to be in a hurry to get out the door and fuck something up, but still..... dry.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't agree, you don't even have a Datsun yet unsure.gif

haha, burned like a mofo.

lol but i am a datsun enthusiast. cool.gif

words dont count, ownership does. for all we know you could just be lurking in the dark waiting to convert us to chevyism. and then drag us to some secret meeting. like a KKK meeting for cars. where you put bricks on the gas pedals of innocent hard working fords and datsuns. and then you ruthlessly shove roman candles in the gas tanks and insensitively laugh about it.

words dont count, ownership does. for all we know you could just be lurking in the dark waiting to convert us to chevyism. and then drag us to some secret meeting. like a KKK meeting for cars. where you put bricks on the gas pedals of innocent hard working fords and datsuns. and then you ruthlessly shove roman candles in the gas tanks and insensitively laugh about it.

LOL, now i can see doing that to newer fords. they are horrible, horrible, peices of trash. but datsuns are too cool to ruin :/

Holy shit, you paid less than $50 bucks for registering? Come to WA, they squeeze the shit out of you for registration here. But yeah, it's not like the paper cost $10. If it does, that's retarded. Why are you trying to make me talk bad about the south monkey!? :P

LOL, now i can see doing that to newer fords. they are horrible, horrible, peices of trash. but datsuns are too cool to ruin :/

you say that now but we will have a ratsun news report about mysteriously missing datsuns and the smell of burnt japanese steel in the air.

im not sure how many other states allow this, but here in texas we have auxiliary title offices that are privately owned and cost the same as going to a state office. the waits are never longer then 10 minutes and they are usually pretty lax with the bureaucratic redtape crap. the first car i ever registered when i was 19 i went through the state office, they had me wait an hour and told me my paperwork wasnt right(cant remember why) but had to come back and wait for another hour. never again.

I pay $1.00 per year since I am a Disabled Vet. It cost me $2.00 to pay it online so $3.00 total. Plus I get to park in the handicap stalls and watch the old ladies get all pissy cause I dont put up a Handicap Plaque.

Rock on Dennis! I am a disabled vet as well, but, I cannot wrap my mind around paying for the custom plate fee (even though they are veteran motif), so I will just put up my handicapable plaque and watch the old ladies get all pissy because my car got to the spot first...