S. OR Ratsun meets

Skib

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone local do a l28et swap into a carbureted s30? I'd like to have someone check over my work before turning over the engine since its a fresh rebuild and I dont want to end up dry firing it

I haven't but maybe If you ask John from Nissan he would he's done plenty of swaps on all kinds of Datsuns and Nissans. It should be pretty much the same.

One other thing to think about is If im correct the early S30's have smaller fuel lines did you change those to 280z ones?

I'm not sure what mine has, there are a lot of 280 parts so it might already but i didnt personally. although fuel pressure wise i should be good since im running two regulators ha ha

I was just looking for someone with experience to check over my wiring since this is the first time ive ever worked with FI. Triples -> turbo FI

I'm not sure what mine has, there are a lot of 280 parts so it might already but i didnt personally. although fuel pressure wise i should be good since im running two regulators ha ha

I was just looking for someone with experience to check over my wiring since this is the first time ive ever worked with FI. Triples -> turbo FI

Yeah I know what you mean, there's more stuff on the efi than carb but I know John Ray knows his stuff he swapped my L28ET years ago when I knew very little to nothing about the L engines. You can ask him if he's possibly got sometime to check out your car, I know if Skib was in town he would of definitely checked it out!

Yeah they're U joints and they're fine. My tranny was hammering really bad when I tried to light up the tires and sometimes in 2nd gear but I changed the fluid and i was low and it hasn't done it since so I'm hoping that's all it was!

Is anyone gonna go to sonic tonight?

Yeah they're U joints and they're fine. My tranny was hammering really bad when I tried to light up the tires and sometimes in 2nd gear but I changed the fluid and i was low and it hasn't done it since so I'm hoping that's all it was!

Is anyone gonna go to sonic tonight?

Ah I see...

My Z isn't ready still, hoping next I'll show up also I don't know who out the local guys are able to go to Canby on the June 9-10th?

I have penciled Canby on my calendar. I'm hoping to make it. I'll probably trailer the 521. I'd like to fit the 222 on the trailer as well but I don't think it will fit.

BTW, since it's Boatnik in Grants Pass next weekend, we should do the Datsun meet at the Sonic there sometime over the weekend.