S. OR Ratsun meets

Skib

Well supposedly the engine has a blown headgasket and a bad cylinder so at this point I'm not sure if its rebuildable but hopefully it is.. That's a super clean l28et, how much would you want to do a rebuild? And is a turbo stroker good?

a stroker turbo will get you some higher HP.

but getting into a stroker your looking at upwards of 2k just for the machine work.

the stroker cranks are worth their weight in gold if you find them.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The car I got has a few mods already. I'm pretty sure the last guy blew the hg over boosting a brand new turbo (claims its got less than a 100 miles lol). It costs around 2 grand for stroker? Why does it cost so much? Because I thought a stroker basically was just boring out with new pistons...

The car I got has a few mods already. I'm pretty sure the last guy blew the hg over boosting a brand new turbo (claims its got less than a 100 miles lol). It costs around 2 grand for stroker? Why does it cost so much? Because I thought a stroker basically was just boring out with new pistons...

Rebuild kits for T3 turbos are cheap I would just rebuild it anyway just to be on the safe side. Well for a Stroker yes it's part of it but you'll need the crank you can buy a new one or what most people do is get a LD28 crank (diesel engines off the 810 Maxima's) but those are a dime of dozen. Another way is just finding a 81-84 Datsun Maxima Diesel and pull the crank and get 9mm rods off the 240z to give you the longer stroke & KA24 pistons off the 240sx.

You need to spend time reading on HybridZ or just fork over money and have it build for you.

It costs around 2 grand for stroker? Why does it cost so much? Because I thought a stroker basically was just boring out with new pistons...

its going to cost you about 1800 just in machine work.

a stroker is a V07 crank from an LD28 (which is worth its weight in gold now days), 9mm bolt L24 rods, and over bore to 90mm

that zhome link has some solid info. If you guys were building a turbo s30 thats streetable would you bore it out?

If I was on a budget no and with that said even being on a budget you can easy get 300hp out the L28ET, with a bigger turbo, intercooler, megasquirt with the stock ECU, and bigger injectors.