510 Battery

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over engineering is better than under-engineering. :)

Optima's are proven batteries. I just love not worrying tremendously about the battery going dead... ever. Like I said, two days with the dome light on brought it down near-dead, and that ain't bad!

I've had the same redtop for something like 9 years now. I've killed it probably 3 or so times and it's still working great. I have another one I found used, cheap on craigslist and put that in my 521. It doesn't get driven much so I leave it on a battery maintainer and so far no problems with that one either.

How often do you guys drain batteries? I have drained my battery once, and that is when the alt died and my sister didnt know what the charge light meant. I once left the datsun 3 months without touching it, started on the second bump.

1)Hainz said his shit out after he let it die 10 times. Well what do you expect I just got my optima, so time will tell. Ill see how i feel about it after 4-5 years.

I WAS GROUCERY SHOPPING. Thats it. not like I left them long.

2)2 red tops...never over 2 years on them....and thats WITH a battery tender.

3)my red tops have sucked shitty ass forever. i get them warranted every other year. junk. my battery pocket only fits the red top, im stuck.

THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! a 100$ WALMART BATTERY is better than a Redtop.

Boaty get a volt meter os a cig light colt meter. they work. so you can catch this proplem before boiling a battery

Have a volt meter already.

Going on 3 or 4 years on my Yellowtop, haven't had a problem yet.

A buddy of mine gets free Optimas. People bring them in because they won't take a charge. Hooks a good battery up to the assumed bad optima, lets it sit over night. Charges both the next day.

Been using one of these 'bad' batteries for years now, been in 3 different vehicles. Even popped out and got ran over wheelin' one night... still using it =D

One of the things about Optimas I've just been recently finding out is a lot of the time, people don't charge them correctly. With a glass mat battery, they need to be charged as a deep cycle, preferably with about 30 amps, not the regular 10/2 of standard chargers. Either way, I don't really ever have batteries die on me. I'm still running the same Diehard (JCI) in the racecar from 3 years ago. Can't remember if I ever changed my D21 battery.

Hey, they have batteries for "TUNER" cars! Lol. I think these are the batteries Sears' platinum line is now being made by. Buddy and I were talking about this just today. You only have three major manufacturers of batteries in the US that I know of. Exide, JCI, and Deka. Our NAPA batteries are JCI, mostly good quality, though I suspect the "car-lot" batteries we sell aren't made by them. Optimas are made by JCI.