DC shoes sucks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I see their reasoning. If DC (owned by Ken Block and Rob Dyrdek if im not mistaken) plan to have a huge competition with their names on it, they want it done on a professional level to promote their names. Maybe this guy wasn't promoting or organizing the event to DC standards, so they seek to have the word gymkhana removed from the event as people associate gymkhana with DC and Block. The guy can easily rename the event or just nix the word itself, as long as people understand the event is a competitive urban drift contest.

Meh, I see their reasoning. If DC (owned by Ken Block and Rob Dyrdek if im not mistaken) plan to have a huge competition with their names on it, they want it done on a professional level to promote their names. Maybe this guy wasn't promoting or organizing the event to DC standards, so they seek to have the word gymkhana removed from the event as people associate gymkhana with DC and Block. The guy can easily rename the event or just nix the word itself, as long as people understand the event is a competitive urban drift contest.

Yeah problem I see with that though is if someone else does such with no association to either DC shoes or Ken Block they could possibly get a C and D letter as well. Be kinda like the NHRA sueing drag strips.

I think its a bunch of crap. Why would they want to trademark the word gymkhana? And how is that even possible? The companies in this country get dumber and dumber all the time. Its like saying, "i think i'll trademark Ratsun." It was slang word before the site was ever even thought of. Gymkhana has 3 other definitions in 3 languages, including english, besides what we all know it as. Its almost like parkour for cars. It doesnt make any sense and it really gets on my nerves when companies trademark language.

• Like 1

I think its a bunch of crap. Why would they want to trademark the word gymkhana? And how is that even possible? The companies in this country get dumber and dumber all the time. Its like saying, "i think i'll trademark Ratsun." It was slang word before the site was ever even thought of. Gymkhana has 3 other definitions in 3 languages, including english, besides what we all know it as. Its almost like parkour for cars. It doesnt make any sense and it really gets on my nerves when companies trademark language.

T-Mobile has trademarked their color of magenta. Trademarking colors, you got to be kidding me! lol.

i know right? and there is a company called monsanto that trademarks several species of plants and they sue you if you grow them. What is this world coming to? I think its time to get our datsuns to run in extreme cold and move to Antarctica and start our own country that doesnt have copyrighted words, plants, or colors.

The fuck? Seriously?

From what i know, rob never owned dc shoes. he was sponsored by them. Maybe he owns a shit ton of stock?

Remember kids. These days its not about having fun. Its about having rules, regulations, and making money. Then suing other people when they try to get it on the fun and make something of it.

• Like 1

The fuck? Seriously?

From what i know, rob never owned dc shoes. he was sponsored by them. Maybe he owns a shit ton of stock?

Remember kids. These days its not about having fun. Its about having rules, regulations, and making money. Then suing other people when they try to get it on the fun and make something of it.

i was just thinking this. it is just another way for dc to get more money. its all about greed. i will say gymkhana all i want. they cant stop me. i mean legally they can but literally, i'm not going to. haha

• Like 1

The world is full of stuck up, rich, spineless pussies.

This is seriously stupid. DC SHOES SUCKS.

/thread

it is just another way for dc to get more money. its all about greed.

^^Exactly. +1

Edited by metalmonkey47

Dyrdek is an insanely smart guy. When he was starting out with sponsors, he didn't get cash payment, he got a percentage of stock. He has stakes in tons of companies, thus why he is so wealthy, he's not just a skater, he's an entrepreneur.

It's a fucked up thing of DC to do, but when you're in the business of making money, you have no morals. Besides, gymkhana is known worldwide because of them, why shouldn't they get a piece of the pie.

• Like 1

Why shouldn't they get a piece of the pie.

because they didnt invent the term, they just made it popular. its like any modern rapper trying to trademark "swag" they didnt come up with it they just rapped about it a lot and people started saying it and now i hear that word 24/7.

Copyright doesn't care who made it up. They made it famous, they should get a piece of the profits off their hard work. Rappers might not have made up swag, but they sure as hell copyright every song they put out.

Not saying its right to copyright a phrase, but they do deserve something, because without them gymkhana would sill be unknown

Copyright doesn't care who made it up. They made it famous, they should get a piece of the profits off their hard work. Rappers might not have made up swag, but they sure as hell copyright every song they put out.

Not saying its right to copyright a phrase, but they do deserve something, because without them gymkhana would sill be unknown

Then Texas should copyright awesomeness.... oh and Chuck Norris should copyright the roundhouse kick. And DC should copyright DiCk.....

....derher, cause their name's in it.

Then Texas should copyright awesomeness.... oh and Chuck Norris should copyright the roundhouse kick. And DC should copyright DiCk.....

....derher, cause their name's in it.

technically they all could, with minor changes. Pretty much anything can be copyrighted/trademark. Fast and furious was already a saying, but you can bet your sweet ass that the Fast and the Furious franchise has it trademarked. Its the same concept.